New Sarnoff (RCA) collection announcement

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 15, 2013

      The Opening of The Sarnoff Collection
      and Sarnoff Study Center

      http://us1.campaign-archive1.com/?u=e1473f3a91eacd2dd0998115d&id=2c59667a4f&e=dc54559db7

      If anyone goes, let me know if there is any info on the RCA COSMAC Microkit (lnk below

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 15, 2013
        >> If anyone goes

        Sounds interesting. I might go to the Oct. 2 event.

        Picture caption says RCA made an analog computer in 1950. I didn't know that... will have to get Googlin'.
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 15, 2013
          >> Picture caption says RCA made an analog computer in 1950. I didn't know that... will have to get Googlin'.

          Neat! http://www.radiomuseum.org/forum/analog_computers_rca_typhoon_1951.html
        • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 15, 2013
            "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...> writes:

            >Neat! http://www.radiomuseum.org/forum/analog_computers_rca_typhoon_1951.html

            That second to last photo -- Yikes! That's what I call a space heater!

            "Total power required was 46 kilowatts. "

            So, if MARCH acuires one of these, will that new transformer be able to
            handle it?