Re: [midatlanticretro] Infoage coordinates

  • Bryan Pope
    Message 1 of 17 , May 2 11:48 AM
      Evan Koblentz wrote:
      Who, me?

      You *do* have a GPS unit... :)

      Cheers,

      Bryan

      From: Mike Loewen [mailto:mloewen@...]
      Sent: Tuesday, May 02, 2006 2:42 PM
      To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [midatlanticretro] Infoage coordinates

          For us GPS geeks, how about jotting down the Lat/Long the next time
      you're at Infoage?  :-)

      Mike Loewen                        mloewen@...
      Old Technology      http://ripsaw.cac.psu.edu/~mloewen/Oldtech/

    • Bryan Pope
      Message 2 of 17 , May 2 12:19 PM
        Evan Koblentz wrote:
        Okay here you go:

        lat: 40.187894   /    40:11:16.418N
        lon: -074.060017   /   74:03:36.061W

        InfoAge is at 2201 Marconi Rd. in Wall, N.J. -- the software I just used to find the coordinates only located 2229 Marconi Rd. -- which I suppose is right down the street, probably one of those houses or the Little League field or something.

        http://www.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=2201+Marconi+Rd,+Belmar,+NJ+07719&ll=40.185537,-74.059803&spn=0.003783,0.008465&t=k&om=1

        What looks like a beigey orangey building in the middle is where you want to go...  (Actually the roof is a reddish half-pipe tile)  The parking lot is that big long space just above that building.

        Cheers,

        Bryan

        Message 3 of 17 , May 2 12:48 PM
          I should have the actual coords at home in my eTrex.

          I imagine you can get close enough by entering the InfoAge address
          into any of the free online geocode services.

          Andy
          Message 4 of 17 , May 2 12:54 PM
            Right.  I used the "EZ-Locate Interactive" program at geocode.com.

            Message 5 of 17 , May 2 1:04 PM
              Here's the one I jotted down when there last.
              N 40 11.200 W 74 03.583
              Evan's is about 400 feet away, not far.

              John A.
            • Bryan Pope
              Message 6 of 17 , May 2 1:30 PM
                Evan Koblentz wrote:
                Well I wouldn't call myself a GPS geek.  I happen to have the TomTom software on my Treo linked to a Bluetooth antenna which goes on my dashboard, but it's just another tool.  I'm not "into" GPS.
                Evan is more of a Miata geek...  ;)

                Cheers,

                Bryan