OT Windows SATA Data Disk File Recovery

  • Donald Caselli
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 13 2:02 PM
      I am asking anyone in the group if they might have the ability to help with recovery of data on a desktop SATA disk.

      I have a 1 Tb SATA desktop disk that was used with Windows XP Professional. At least 500+ Gb of data files need to be recovered. This may have an OS installed but is not needed, just the recovery of data files.

      It is possible to access folders and files but the response time is very long. The contents of a file is then viewed and appears to be OK, but this is only one file at a time. Therefore any type of simple folder and file copy seems to just hang.

      I purchased a new 1 Tb SATA disk and would like to have the folders and files copied onto the new disk, as much as might be possible.

      I would be able to send the disks to whomever might help or I could bring the disks to M.A.R.C.H. on Sunday or any other day. Or I could bring the disks to another place within a practical range of about 100 miles from Atlantic City.

      I will pay for services provided and shipping as necessary.

      Thank you.

      Donald O. Caselli
      dorestec@...
      phone 609-685-1528

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 13 2:42 PM
        Donald .. I recently shut down my repair shop, but what I'd suggest is
        running SpinRite on the drive, in a separate computer.
        bd

        > I am asking anyone in the group if they might have the ability to help
        with recovery of data on a desktop SATA disk.

        > I have a 1 Tb SATA desktop disk that was used with Windows XP
        Professional. At least 500+ Gb of data files need to be recovered. This may
        have an OS installed but is not needed, just the recovery of data files.

        > It is possible to access folders and files but the response time is very
        long. The contents of a file is then viewed and appears to be OK, but this
        is only one file at a time. Therefore any type of simple folder and file
        copy seems to just hang.

        > I purchased a new 1 Tb SATA disk and would like to have the folders and
        files copied onto the new disk, as much as might be possible.

        > I would be able to send the disks to whomever might help or I could bring
        the disks to M.A.R.C.H. on Sunday or any other day. Or I could bring the
        disks to another place within a practical range of about 100 miles from
        Atlantic City.

        > I will pay for services provided and shipping as necessary.
        >
        > Thank you.
        >
        > Donald O. Caselli
        > dorestec@...
        > phone 609-685-1528
      • Donald Caselli
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 20 6:05 PM
          Spinrite from Gibson Research was purchased and set up on a computer and used to process the disk as well as a new disk as was recommended. If anyone ever has a problem spinrite should be considered. More processing before being completed but it definitely  is the method.

          Thanks for your advice.

          Don

          To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
          From: billdeg@...