H8 case dimensions

  • John
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 11, 2013
      Greetings,

      I am constructing a case for the H8-2000 system and would like to get dimensions of the H8 wooden side pieces so I at least know the minimum space I have to work with. I can make the case itself deeper toward the rear for a larger power supply, etc. plus I can make the case a little wider, but the height is fairly restrictive.

      I have the dxf files of the side panels that are available but haven't figured out how to determine dimensions. If some kind soul could measure a standard H8 side piece (height, total length, top-side length, and bottom edge length) that will give me the info to start - with these dimensions I can get the cut angle from the front bottom portion.

      My plans are to make it as close as possible to the original H8 style and will document my progress for regular posts to the group with pix and info. I have access to a large brake and shear for making the metal bottom and top cover, but the vent slots on the top and holes on the bottom will have to be done differently, perhaps with perforated sheet metal.

      Thanks much in advance.

      John
    • fireman_888
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 11, 2013
        John,

        you should ask this question on the SEBHC.

        https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!forum/sebhc

        they would have all the info needed.

        alex
        K3CIM
      • Bill Sudbrink
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 12, 2013
          I was going to suggest that you reference the large quantity
          of documentation that is available online but, to my amazement,
          there is not one document that lists the physical dimensions.
          Fortunately, my H8 is sitting on an easily accessible shelf.
          Roughly, the dimensions are 6 inches high, 14 inches deep at
          the top of the case, 17 inches deep at the bottom of the case
          and 16 inches wide.

          Bill S.
        • John
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 12, 2013
            Thanks Bill - that gives me a starting point. I assume the panels are about 1/2" to 5/8" inches thick?

            John

            --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Sudbrink" <wh.sudbrink@...> wrote:

            > I was going to suggest that you reference the large quantity
            > of documentation that is available online but, to my amazement,
            > there is not one document that lists the physical dimensions.
            > Fortunately, my H8 is sitting on an easily accessible shelf.
            > Roughly, the dimensions are 6 inches high, 14 inches deep at
            > the top of the case, 17 inches deep at the bottom of the case
            > and 16 inches wide.
            >
            > Bill S.

          • John
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 12, 2013
              Thanks Alex,

              I keep forgetting the group is on google and not yahoo.

              John