RE: OT - Technology Related,l Was [midatlanticretro] Yahoo Group Header Graphic

  • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 11, 2013
      Martin A Flynn <maflynn@...> writes:

      >On 9/11/2013 7:43 AM, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:
      >> What if someone doesn't have a mobile? Why would/should Yahoo have to
      >> know one's mobile phone number or any phone number for that matter?
      >Yahoo, like Google gathers data for re-sale to other parties to be
      >further aggregated. Potential uses of the aggregated data include
      >political marketing and donation solicitation.

      I know the sordid uses by these companies you've mentioned; the question
      is or was more a rhetorical one. Why should I, or anyone for that matter,
      be so eager to give up their personal and private information?

      Even questions asked WRT password security a la "What was your mother's
      maiden name?", "Where did you attend school?", or "In what city did you
      honeymoon?" are none of their business. I keep a journal to maintain
      all the "lies" I give to these question because I'll be damned if I'll
      give personal information to answer these things JUST TO USE A FORUM.