Infoage coordinates

  • Mike Loewen
    Message 1 of 17 , May 2, 2006
      For us GPS geeks, how about jotting down the Lat/Long the next time
      you're at Infoage? :-)

      Mike Loewen mloewen@...
      Message 2 of 17 , May 2, 2006
        Who, me?

            For us GPS geeks, how about jotting down the Lat/Long the next time
        you're at Infoage?  :-)

        Mike Loewen                        mloewen@...
        Old Technology      http://ripsaw.cac.psu.edu/~mloewen/Oldtech/
      • Bryan Pope
        Message 3 of 17 , May 2, 2006
          Evan Koblentz wrote:
          Who, me?

          You *do* have a GPS unit... :)

          Cheers,

          Bryan

          Message 4 of 17 , May 2, 2006
            Okay here you go:

            lat: 40.187894   /    40:11:16.418N
            lon: -074.060017   /   74:03:36.061W

            InfoAge is at 2201 Marconi Rd. in Wall, N.J. -- the software I just used to find the coordinates only located 2229 Marconi Rd. -- which I suppose is right down the street, probably one of those houses or the Little League field or something.

            Message 5 of 17 , May 2, 2006
              On Tue, 2 May 2006, Evan Koblentz wrote:

              > Who, me?

              Are you a GPS geek? :-) Yah, I should have said.

              Mike Loewen mloewen@...
            • Bryan Pope
              Message 6 of 17 , May 2, 2006
                Evan Koblentz wrote:
                Okay here you go:

                lat: 40.187894   /    40:11:16.418N
                lon: -074.060017   /   74:03:36.061W

                InfoAge is at 2201 Marconi Rd. in Wall, N.J. -- the software I just used to find the coordinates only located 2229 Marconi Rd. -- which I suppose is right down the street, probably one of those houses or the Little League field or something.

                http://www.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=2201+Marconi+Rd,+Belmar,+NJ+07719&ll=40.185537,-74.059803&spn=0.003783,0.008465&t=k&om=1

                What looks like a beigey orangey building in the middle is where you want to go...  (Actually the roof is a reddish half-pipe tile)  The parking lot is that big long space just above that building.

                Cheers,

                Bryan

                Message 7 of 17 , May 2, 2006
                  Well I wouldn't call myself a GPS geek.  I happen to have the TomTom software on my Treo linked to a Bluetooth antenna which goes on my dashboard, but it's just another tool.  I'm not "into" GPS.

                  Message 8 of 17 , May 2, 2006
                    I should have the actual coords at home in my eTrex.

                    I imagine you can get close enough by entering the InfoAge address
                    into any of the free online geocode services.

                    Andy
                    Message 9 of 17 , May 2, 2006
                      Right.  I used the "EZ-Locate Interactive" program at geocode.com.

                      Message 10 of 17 , May 2, 2006
                        Here's the one I jotted down when there last.
                        N 40 11.200 W 74 03.583
                        Evan's is about 400 feet away, not far.

                        John A.
                      • Bryan Pope
                        Message 11 of 17 , May 2, 2006
                          Evan Koblentz wrote:
                          Well I wouldn't call myself a GPS geek.  I happen to have the TomTom software on my Treo linked to a Bluetooth antenna which goes on my dashboard, but it's just another tool.  I'm not "into" GPS.
                          Evan is more of a Miata geek...  ;)

                          Cheers,

                          Bryan