re: [midatlanticretro] Hi!

    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 3, 2013
      -------- Original Message --------

      Hey Grant..Bill Degnan here, great to see you've joined our list. Many
      members of the Altair group as well here, lots of good topics on many
      subjects.

      Just to update you and everyone on my work, I have recently upgraded one of
      my Commodore C-116's to 64K and NTSC, planning on taking to the Vintage
      Computer Festival MidWest later this month. I also have an Altair 8800b
      front panel to repair, coming soon and then I will concurrently tackle
      papertape archiving project I have to complete.

      Bill
      vintagecomputer.net
    • corey986
      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 3, 2013

        Hey Grant,

          Welcome to MARCH.  I was wondering what you have been up to...

        Like Bill, I'll give you a run down of my projects

        I'm working on two Scelbi 8h replicas, one for the museum at InfoAge (MARCH's exhibit) and one for myself.

        I'm working on getting my Helios drive working with my Sol-20 (I also just got another Sol-20 also, this is one of the first ones made that looks like it rolled off the factory floor except for some loose side panels that will only take a few minutes to fix, but who knows what else I'll get myself into)

        I just finished getting my Altair to talk correctly to my punch/reader combo DSI-2400 where I could punch in altair format and reload using MBL, or punch/read programs directly from basic using my SIO-A.   I did just fix all the connectors on my spare Altair rev-1 motherboard today so I may tackle a 100 wire job to add it at some point.

        I need to finish getting my Dazzler configured for piggyback mode so it can work in the Sol-20 when I have the Helios working since I'll be out of slots.

        and finally....

        I need to recap a bunch of vintage TVs and monitors.  Wow I didn't realize my list was getting as long as my Honey Do list...

        Now I'm leaving off the...  "and I want to lose 30 pounds" in all this because until they make 0 calorie cookies, that just ain't going to happen.

        Cheers,

        Corey

        > I found out about this list while searching about the Pennywhistle modem
        > over the weekend. I'm sure I've heard of it before, but must have
        thought
        > the content was different or not as active. I subscribed over the
        weekend
        > and am very happy with the traffic I've seen so far!
        >
        > I'm also a member of the Altair and retro yahoo groups.
        >
        > My life is getting back on track after a marriage, house move, "failed"
        > house flip experiment (not as seen on TV), and my father coming down
        with
        > ALS.
        >
        > My wife and I are actively working towards getting the Altair and Kenbak
        > kit factory going again. : ) Something we want to do is keep items in
        > stock and sell individual items. Previously I tried to sell complete
        kits
        > only to reduce the hassle.
        >
        > I'm glad this resource is available! I'm also happy to read familiar
        names
        > and I'm very excited about having more time to be an active member of
        the
        > vintage community once again!
        >
        > Grant - not mid Atlantic..but as far north and west as you can get and
        > still be in the US! (If the dateline wasn't messed up I would be in the
        > furthest north, east, and west state in the union... ; ) )

        Hey Grant..Bill Degnan here, great to see you've joined our list. Many
        members of the Altair group as well here, lots of good topics on many
        subjects.

        Just to update you and everyone on my work, I have recently upgraded one of
        my Commodore C-116's to 64K and NTSC, planning on taking to the Vintage
        Computer Festival MidWest later this month. I also have an Altair 8800b
        front panel to repair, coming soon and then I will concurrently tackle
        papertape archiving project I have to complete.

        Bill
        vintagecomputer.net
      • Cory Smelosky
        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 4, 2013
          On Wed, 4 Sep 2013, corey986 wrote:

          > Hey Grant,
          >
          >   Welcome to MARCH.  I was wondering what you have been up to...
          >

          > I need to recap a bunch of vintage TVs and monitors.  Wow I didn't realize my list was getting as long as my Honey Do list...

          I need to finish replacing resistors in my '50s phonograph and track down
          a spring for the damn thing. Those are quite hard to find.

          --
          Cory Smelosky
          http://gewt.net Personal stuff