Power update

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 3, 2013
      Per Fred: "the holdup is that JCPL wants to overhaul the 13Kv feeder on their side of the fence" before InfoAge can energize its new transformer.

      Don't yet have any info about how long that will take.
    • Bill Dromgoole
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 3, 2013
        > Per Fred: "the holdup is that JCPL wants to overhaul the 13Kv feeder on
        > their side of the fence" before InfoAge can energize its new transformer.
        >
        > Don't yet have any info about how long that will take.

        Its funny how after all this time when they could have completed their
        overhaul JCPL wants to start now.
        They could have ordered the parts and installed new cable or whatever
        without interfering with our power restoration.
        Such is the way of large companies and government.

        Sigh, Bill Dromgoole
      • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 3, 2013
          "Bill Dromgoole" <drummy@...> writes:

          >> Per Fred: "the holdup is that JCPL wants to overhaul the 13Kv feeder on
          >> their side of the fence" before InfoAge can energize its new transformer.
          >>
          >> Don't yet have any info about how long that will take.
          >>

          >Its funny how after all this time when they could have completed their
          >overhaul JCPL wants to start now.
          >They could have ordered the parts and installed new cable or whatever
          >without interfering with our power restoration.
          >Such is the way of large companies and government.

          JCP&L has still not replaced/repaired the transformer on the pole outside
          my home since it exploded during Sandy. JCP&L says that there is suffic-
          ient capacity on the line provided by other transformers which survived
          Sandy. If that be the case, I'd really love to see the leaking eye-sore
          removed from the pole. They've managed to get the meter reader out here
          several times!

        • corey986
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 3, 2013

            Well I called JCPL to report a street light out... Next day a whole crew showed up to replace a bulb...

            Now I know when they say how many people does it take to screw in a light bulb, I can say 4