Re: [midatlanticretro] Need help picking a domain name

  • Ray Sills
    Message 1 of 8 , May 1, 2006
      OldRS.com? takeandtandy.com? VintageRS.com? 2-12-16-6000.com?

      On May 1, 2006, at 9:35 AM, Kelly Leavitt wrote:

      > I'm thinking of setting up a domain for linking resources for the
      > model 2/12/16/6000 computers I like working on.
      >
      > Any suggestions from the masses out there?
      >
      > OldTandy.com
      > Model6000.com
      >
      > Thanks for the opinions.
      >
      > Kelly
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Kelly Leavitt
      Message 2 of 8 , May 1, 2006
        See, now that's a fight I'd twiddle with for a little while. I have a couple of friends that do basic copyright work. I know they'd pass along enough free leagalease to at least keep tandy twisting for a year. But eventually, I would have to either fork over some $$$ or give up the fight.

        Message 3 of 8 , May 1, 2006
          I can see the objection to "Tandy" but "shack"...!?  That's ridiculous!

              I suspect you may be in for a legal hassle if you include the word
          "Tandy" in the name.  For a while, they were going after web sites that
          included "shack" in the name.

          t68k.com
          rs68k.com

          Mike Loewen                        mloewen@...
          The Dixie Lion Jazz Band            http://ripsaw.cac.psu.edu/dixie.html
          The B9 Robot Builders Club B9-0014      http://ripsaw.cac.psu.edu/~mloewen/B9/
          Old Technology      http://ripsaw.cac.psu.edu/~mloewen/Oldtech/
        • Bryan Pope
          Message 4 of 8 , May 1, 2006
            Kelly Leavitt wrote:
            > I'm thinking of setting up a domain for linking resources for the model 2/12/16/6000 computers I like working on.
            >
            > Any suggestions from the masses out there?
            >
            > OldTandy.com
            > Model6000.com
            >
            > Thanks for the opinions.
            >
            > Kelly

            trs80now.com
            trsnottrash.com

            Cheers,

            Bryan
          • Mike Loewen
            Message 5 of 8 , May 1, 2006
              On Mon, 1 May 2006, Evan Koblentz wrote:

              > I can see the objection to "Tandy" but "shack"...!? That's ridiculous!

              So it is, but it happened:

              http://www.wired.com/news/business/0,1367,3001,00.html
              http://www.salon.com/april97/media/media970421.html

              Mike Loewen mloewen@...