Re: [midatlanticretro] Need help picking a domain name

  • Mike Loewen
    Message 1 of 8 , May 1, 2006
      On Mon, 1 May 2006, B. Degnan wrote:

      > tandybusiness.com
      > bigtandy.com

      I suspect you may be in for a legal hassle if you include the word
      "Tandy" in the name. For a while, they were going after web sites that
      included "shack" in the name.

      t68k.com
      rs68k.com

      Mike Loewen mloewen@...
    • Ray Sills
      Message 2 of 8 , May 1, 2006
        OldRS.com? takeandtandy.com? VintageRS.com? 2-12-16-6000.com?

        On May 1, 2006, at 9:35 AM, Kelly Leavitt wrote:

        > I'm thinking of setting up a domain for linking resources for the
        > model 2/12/16/6000 computers I like working on.
        >
        > Any suggestions from the masses out there?
        >
        > OldTandy.com
        > Model6000.com
        >
        > Thanks for the opinions.
        >
        > Kelly
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Kelly Leavitt
        Message 3 of 8 , May 1, 2006
          See, now that's a fight I'd twiddle with for a little while. I have a couple of friends that do basic copyright work. I know they'd pass along enough free leagalease to at least keep tandy twisting for a year. But eventually, I would have to either fork over some $$$ or give up the fight.

          Message 4 of 8 , May 1, 2006
            I can see the objection to "Tandy" but "shack"...!?  That's ridiculous!

                I suspect you may be in for a legal hassle if you include the word
            "Tandy" in the name.  For a while, they were going after web sites that
            included "shack" in the name.

            t68k.com
            rs68k.com

            Mike Loewen                        mloewen@...
            The Dixie Lion Jazz Band            http://ripsaw.cac.psu.edu/dixie.html
            The B9 Robot Builders Club B9-0014      http://ripsaw.cac.psu.edu/~mloewen/B9/
            Old Technology      http://ripsaw.cac.psu.edu/~mloewen/Oldtech/
          • Bryan Pope
            Message 5 of 8 , May 1, 2006
              Kelly Leavitt wrote:
              > I'm thinking of setting up a domain for linking resources for the model 2/12/16/6000 computers I like working on.
              >
              > Any suggestions from the masses out there?
              >
              > OldTandy.com
              > Model6000.com
              >
              > Thanks for the opinions.
              >
              > Kelly

              trs80now.com
              trsnottrash.com

              Cheers,

              Bryan
            • Mike Loewen
              Message 6 of 8 , May 1, 2006
                On Mon, 1 May 2006, Evan Koblentz wrote:

                > I can see the objection to "Tandy" but "shack"...!? That's ridiculous!

                So it is, but it happened:

                http://www.wired.com/news/business/0,1367,3001,00.html
                http://www.salon.com/april97/media/media970421.html

                Mike Loewen mloewen@...