Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [midatlanticretro] Need help picking a domain name

Expand Messages
  • B. Degnan
    tandybusiness.com bigtandy.com ??
    Message 1 of 8 , May 1 6:43 AM
    • 0 Attachment
      tandybusiness.com
      bigtandy.com

      ??



      At 09:35 AM 5/1/2006 -0400, you wrote:
      >I'm thinking of setting up a domain for linking resources for the model
      >2/12/16/6000 computers I like working on.
      >
      >Any suggestions from the masses out there?
      >
      >OldTandy.com
      >Model6000.com
      >
      >Thanks for the opinions.
      >
      >Kelly
      >
      >
      >
      >Yahoo! Groups Links
      >
      >
      >
      >
    • Mike Loewen
      ... I suspect you may be in for a legal hassle if you include the word Tandy in the name. For a while, they were going after web sites that included shack
      Message 2 of 8 , May 1 6:49 AM
      • 0 Attachment
        On Mon, 1 May 2006, B. Degnan wrote:

        > tandybusiness.com
        > bigtandy.com

        I suspect you may be in for a legal hassle if you include the word
        "Tandy" in the name. For a while, they were going after web sites that
        included "shack" in the name.

        t68k.com
        rs68k.com



        Mike Loewen mloewen@...
        The Dixie Lion Jazz Band http://ripsaw.cac.psu.edu/dixie.html
        The B9 Robot Builders Club B9-0014 http://ripsaw.cac.psu.edu/~mloewen/B9/
        Old Technology http://ripsaw.cac.psu.edu/~mloewen/Oldtech/
      • Ray Sills
        OldRS.com? takeandtandy.com? VintageRS.com? 2-12-16-6000.com?
        Message 3 of 8 , May 1 6:57 AM
        • 0 Attachment
          OldRS.com? takeandtandy.com? VintageRS.com? 2-12-16-6000.com?


          On May 1, 2006, at 9:35 AM, Kelly Leavitt wrote:

          > I'm thinking of setting up a domain for linking resources for the
          > model 2/12/16/6000 computers I like working on.
          >
          > Any suggestions from the masses out there?
          >
          > OldTandy.com
          > Model6000.com
          >
          > Thanks for the opinions.
          >
          > Kelly
          >
          >
          >
          > Yahoo! Groups Links
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
        • Kelly Leavitt
          See, now that s a fight I d twiddle with for a little while. I have a couple of friends that do basic copyright work. I know they d pass along enough free
          Message 4 of 8 , May 1 7:02 AM
          • 0 Attachment
            See, now that's a fight I'd twiddle with for a little while. I have a couple of friends that do basic copyright work. I know they'd pass along enough free leagalease to at least keep tandy twisting for a year. But eventually, I would have to either fork over some $$$ or give up the fight.



            -----Original Message-----
            From: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com on behalf of Mike Loewen
            Sent: Mon 5/1/2006 9:49 AM
            To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
            Cc:
            Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] Need help picking a domain name



            On Mon, 1 May 2006, B. Degnan wrote:

            > tandybusiness.com
            > bigtandy.com

            I suspect you may be in for a legal hassle if you include the word
            "Tandy" in the name. For a while, they were going after web sites that
            included "shack" in the name.

            t68k.com
            rs68k.com



            Mike Loewen mloewen@...
            The Dixie Lion Jazz Band http://ripsaw.cac.psu.edu/dixie.html
            The B9 Robot Builders Club B9-0014 http://ripsaw.cac.psu.edu/~mloewen/B9/
            Old Technology http://ripsaw.cac.psu.edu/~mloewen/Oldtech/



            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • Evan Koblentz
            I can see the objection to Tandy but shack ...!? That s ridiculous! _____ From: Mike Loewen [mailto:mloewen@cpumagic.scol.pa.us] Sent: Monday, May 01, 2006
            Message 5 of 8 , May 1 7:15 AM
            • 0 Attachment
              I can see the objection to "Tandy" but "shack"...!?  That's ridiculous!


              From: Mike Loewen [mailto:mloewen@...]
              Sent: Monday, May 01, 2006 9:50 AM
              To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
              Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] Need help picking a domain name

              On Mon, 1 May 2006, B. Degnan wrote:

              > tandybusiness.com
              > bigtandy.com

                  I suspect you may be in for a legal hassle if you include the word
              "Tandy" in the name.  For a while, they were going after web sites that
              included "shack" in the name.

              t68k.com
              rs68k.com



              Mike Loewen                        mloewen@...
              The Dixie Lion Jazz Band            http://ripsaw.cac.psu.edu/dixie.html
              The B9 Robot Builders Club B9-0014      http://ripsaw.cac.psu.edu/~mloewen/B9/
              Old Technology      http://ripsaw.cac.psu.edu/~mloewen/Oldtech/
            • Bryan Pope
              ... trs80now.com trsnottrash.com Cheers, Bryan
              Message 6 of 8 , May 1 7:18 AM
              • 0 Attachment
                Kelly Leavitt wrote:
                > I'm thinking of setting up a domain for linking resources for the model 2/12/16/6000 computers I like working on.
                >
                > Any suggestions from the masses out there?
                >
                > OldTandy.com
                > Model6000.com
                >
                > Thanks for the opinions.
                >
                > Kelly
                >
                trs80now.com
                trsnottrash.com

                Cheers,

                Bryan
              • Mike Loewen
                ... So it is, but it happened: http://www.wired.com/news/business/0,1367,3001,00.html http://www.salon.com/april97/media/media970421.html Mike Loewen
                Message 7 of 8 , May 1 7:24 AM
                • 0 Attachment
                  On Mon, 1 May 2006, Evan Koblentz wrote:

                  > I can see the objection to "Tandy" but "shack"...!? That's ridiculous!

                  So it is, but it happened:

                  http://www.wired.com/news/business/0,1367,3001,00.html
                  http://www.salon.com/april97/media/media970421.html


                  Mike Loewen mloewen@...
                  The Dixie Lion Jazz Band http://ripsaw.cac.psu.edu/dixie.html
                  The B9 Robot Builders Club B9-0014 http://ripsaw.cac.psu.edu/~mloewen/B9/
                  Old Technology http://ripsaw.cac.psu.edu/~mloewen/Oldtech/
                Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.