Need help picking a domain name

  • Kelly Leavitt
    Message 1 of 8 , May 1 6:35 AM
      I'm thinking of setting up a domain for linking resources for the model 2/12/16/6000 computers I like working on.

      Any suggestions from the masses out there?

      OldTandy.com
      Model6000.com

      Thanks for the opinions.

      Kelly
      Message 2 of 8 , May 1 6:43 AM
        tandybusiness.com
        bigtandy.com

        ??

        At 09:35 AM 5/1/2006 -0400, you wrote:
        >I'm thinking of setting up a domain for linking resources for the model
        >2/12/16/6000 computers I like working on.
        >
        >Any suggestions from the masses out there?
        >
        >OldTandy.com
        >Model6000.com
        >
        >Thanks for the opinions.
        >
        >Kelly
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Mike Loewen
        Message 3 of 8 , May 1 6:49 AM
          On Mon, 1 May 2006, B. Degnan wrote:

          > tandybusiness.com
          > bigtandy.com

          I suspect you may be in for a legal hassle if you include the word
          "Tandy" in the name. For a while, they were going after web sites that
          included "shack" in the name.

          t68k.com
          rs68k.com

          Mike Loewen mloewen@...
        • Ray Sills
          Message 4 of 8 , May 1 6:57 AM
            OldRS.com? takeandtandy.com? VintageRS.com? 2-12-16-6000.com?

            On May 1, 2006, at 9:35 AM, Kelly Leavitt wrote:

            > I'm thinking of setting up a domain for linking resources for the
            > model 2/12/16/6000 computers I like working on.
            >
            > Any suggestions from the masses out there?
            >
            > OldTandy.com
            > Model6000.com
            >
            > Thanks for the opinions.
            >
            > Kelly
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Kelly Leavitt
            Message 5 of 8 , May 1 7:02 AM
              See, now that's a fight I'd twiddle with for a little while. I have a couple of friends that do basic copyright work. I know they'd pass along enough free leagalease to at least keep tandy twisting for a year. But eventually, I would have to either fork over some $$$ or give up the fight.

              Message 6 of 8 , May 1 7:15 AM
                I can see the objection to "Tandy" but "shack"...!?  That's ridiculous!

                    I suspect you may be in for a legal hassle if you include the word
                "Tandy" in the name.  For a while, they were going after web sites that
                included "shack" in the name.

                t68k.com
                rs68k.com

                Mike Loewen                        mloewen@...
                The Dixie Lion Jazz Band            http://ripsaw.cac.psu.edu/dixie.html
                The B9 Robot Builders Club B9-0014      http://ripsaw.cac.psu.edu/~mloewen/B9/
                Old Technology      http://ripsaw.cac.psu.edu/~mloewen/Oldtech/
              • Bryan Pope
                Message 7 of 8 , May 1 7:18 AM
                  Kelly Leavitt wrote:
                  > I'm thinking of setting up a domain for linking resources for the model 2/12/16/6000 computers I like working on.
                  >
                  > Any suggestions from the masses out there?
                  >
                  > OldTandy.com
                  > Model6000.com
                  >
                  > Thanks for the opinions.
                  >
                  > Kelly

                  trs80now.com
                  trsnottrash.com

                  Cheers,

                  Bryan
                • Mike Loewen
                  Message 8 of 8 , May 1 7:24 AM
                    On Mon, 1 May 2006, Evan Koblentz wrote:

                    > I can see the objection to "Tandy" but "shack"...!? That's ridiculous!

                    So it is, but it happened:

                    http://www.wired.com/news/business/0,1367,3001,00.html
                    http://www.salon.com/april97/media/media970421.html

                    Mike Loewen mloewen@...