Re: [midatlanticretro] Project: Low-Cost Hex Displays

  • Dan Roganti
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 29, 2013
      cool project.
      Have you tried the DL1416 bubble displays, with the alphanumeric segments.
      those are real nice too
      Dan

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 29, 2013
        On 08/29/2013 08:20 AM, Dan Roganti wrote:
        > Have you tried the DL1416 bubble displays, with the alphanumeric segments.
        > those are real nice too

        DL1416s are fantastic. I was very lucky to be able to score a big
        pile of them at Skycraft Surplus in FL a few years ago.

        Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
        New Kensington, PA
      • Systems Glitch
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 29, 2013
          > DL1416s are fantastic. I was very lucky to be able to score a big
          > pile of them at Skycraft Surplus in FL a few years ago.

          They sure are, I use members of that family of displays in many projects! I've got DL1414, DL1416, DL2416 and HDSP2416 (dot matrix replacement for DL2416). They make an excellent debug tool, especially when you're not sure how functional a system is. No setup, no checking status registers...just push ASCII out and it's displayed.

          The hex display project also lays the groundwork for another display-related personal project.

          Thanks,
          Jonathan
        • jeff_s_jonas
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 30, 2013

            I too have a merry collection of vintage displays.

            Just the LEDs with photos & spec sheets:

            http://ferretronix.com/tech/led/

            Neon and flluorescent displays too:
            http://ferretronix.com/tech/

            Kyle: too late, I sold the 9 digitArcher display module on ebay a while ago.