re: [midatlanticretro] 1218 / 1219 Computer Group

    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 28, 2013

      > I started a Univac Computer group on Yahoo!. Mostly as a place for for my 1219 Emulator/Assembler, but also to have a place for people who worked on Univac machines to share their experiences and what information they might have around. The Mid Atlantic Retro Computer Hobbyist (MARCH) has 2 1219's they hope to restore. So far we have not been able to find Tech Manuals. I uploaded my emulator, assembler and operational manual to the files area. Everyone is welcome to upload anything else that they might have.
      >
      > Here is a link to the group:

      Note - MARCH has a UNIVAC 1219-II
    • DuaneCraps
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 28, 2013
        I never heard of a 1219-II . I think you might be confused with the Univac internal designation which was 418-II

        The 1219B was the Military version.

        There also was a 418-III sold commercially.

        It could be though that APL did have different models than were on the ships.

        I would be interested in seeing photographs of what MARCH has.

        Esp. the nameplates.

        The Navy bought 1219B’s  as as either Mk. 152 Computers (NAVORD) or CP-848 (NAVSEA) .

        Duane

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 28, 2013
          >> The 1219B was the Military version.

          I believe that's what we have.
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 28, 2013
            Correct NOT 1219-II. Sorry.

            Jan 24 2010 I helped rescue:

            2 1219-B's
            2 1540 Tape Units
            3 1532 I/O Console with Teletype (not 33's, something larger)
            1 MK-75 Targeting Computer
            Another I/O station whose name I forget.
            spare parts galore, hundreds of flip chips and components cables, connectors, etc.
            misc other items.

            Bill