Re: [midatlanticretro] 1218 / 1219 Computer Group

  • Bill Dromgoole
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 28, 2013
      From: "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...>
      To: "MARCH Yahoo Midatlanticretro" <midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com>; "Art
      Aylesworth" <aaa757@...>; "Mark Allen" <Mark6525@...>; "Mark
      Allen" <Mark6525@...>; "Eddie Reagan"
      <EddieSuffolk_2000@...>; <douglas.mahone@...>;
      <steven.i.hall@...>; <danny.hansen@...>; <john.lassiter@...>;
      <michael.obrian@...>
      Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2013 1:53 PM
      Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] 1218 / 1219 Computer Group

      >>> So far we have not been able to find Tech Manuals.
      >
      > Most of them are on Bitsavers.org.

      As far as I know there is not a single manual for the 1219 computer on
      Bitsavers.
      I just looked.

      Bill Drom
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 28, 2013

        > I started a Univac Computer group on Yahoo!. Mostly as a place for for my 1219 Emulator/Assembler, but also to have a place for people who worked on Univac machines to share their experiences and what information they might have around. The Mid Atlantic Retro Computer Hobbyist (MARCH) has 2 1219's they hope to restore. So far we have not been able to find Tech Manuals. I uploaded my emulator, assembler and operational manual to the files area. Everyone is welcome to upload anything else that they might have.
        >
        > Here is a link to the group:

        Note - MARCH has a UNIVAC 1219-II
      • DuaneCraps
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 28, 2013
          I never heard of a 1219-II . I think you might be confused with the Univac internal designation which was 418-II

          The 1219B was the Military version.

          There also was a 418-III sold commercially.

          It could be though that APL did have different models than were on the ships.

          I would be interested in seeing photographs of what MARCH has.

          Esp. the nameplates.

          The Navy bought 1219B’s  as as either Mk. 152 Computers (NAVORD) or CP-848 (NAVSEA) .

          Duane

          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 28, 2013
            >> The 1219B was the Military version.

            I believe that's what we have.
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 28, 2013
              Correct NOT 1219-II. Sorry.

              Jan 24 2010 I helped rescue:

              2 1219-B's
              2 1540 Tape Units
              3 1532 I/O Console with Teletype (not 33's, something larger)
              1 MK-75 Targeting Computer
              Another I/O station whose name I forget.
              spare parts galore, hundreds of flip chips and components cables, connectors, etc.
              misc other items.

              Bill