Re: [midatlanticretro] 1218 / 1219 Computer Group

    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 28, 2013
      >> So far we have not been able to find Tech Manuals.

      Most of them are on Bitsavers.org.
    • Bill Dromgoole
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 28, 2013
        From: "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...>
        To: "MARCH Yahoo Midatlanticretro" <midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com>; "Art
        Aylesworth" <aaa757@...>; "Mark Allen" <Mark6525@...>; "Mark
        Allen" <Mark6525@...>; "Eddie Reagan"
        <EddieSuffolk_2000@...>; <douglas.mahone@...>;
        <steven.i.hall@...>; <danny.hansen@...>; <john.lassiter@...>;
        <michael.obrian@...>
        Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2013 1:53 PM
        Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] 1218 / 1219 Computer Group

        >>> So far we have not been able to find Tech Manuals.
        >
        > Most of them are on Bitsavers.org.

        As far as I know there is not a single manual for the 1219 computer on
        Bitsavers.
        I just looked.

        Bill Drom
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 28, 2013

          > I started a Univac Computer group on Yahoo!. Mostly as a place for for my 1219 Emulator/Assembler, but also to have a place for people who worked on Univac machines to share their experiences and what information they might have around. The Mid Atlantic Retro Computer Hobbyist (MARCH) has 2 1219's they hope to restore. So far we have not been able to find Tech Manuals. I uploaded my emulator, assembler and operational manual to the files area. Everyone is welcome to upload anything else that they might have.
          >
          > Here is a link to the group:

          Note - MARCH has a UNIVAC 1219-II
        • DuaneCraps
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 28, 2013
            I never heard of a 1219-II . I think you might be confused with the Univac internal designation which was 418-II

            The 1219B was the Military version.

            There also was a 418-III sold commercially.

            It could be though that APL did have different models than were on the ships.

            I would be interested in seeing photographs of what MARCH has.

            Esp. the nameplates.

            The Navy bought 1219B’s  as as either Mk. 152 Computers (NAVORD) or CP-848 (NAVSEA) .

            Duane

            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 28, 2013
              >> The 1219B was the Military version.

              I believe that's what we have.
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 28, 2013
                Correct NOT 1219-II. Sorry.

                Jan 24 2010 I helped rescue:

                2 1219-B's
                2 1540 Tape Units
                3 1532 I/O Console with Teletype (not 33's, something larger)
                1 MK-75 Targeting Computer
                Another I/O station whose name I forget.
                spare parts galore, hundreds of flip chips and components cables, connectors, etc.
                misc other items.

                Bill