1218 / 1219 Computer Group

  • DuaneCraps
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 28, 2013
      All,

      I started a Univac Computer group on Yahoo!. Mostly as a place for for my 1219 Emulator/Assembler, but also to have a place for people who worked on Univac machines to share their experiences and what information they might have around. The Mid Atlantic Retro Computer Hobbyist (MARCH) has 2 1219’s they hope to restore. So far we have not been able to find Tech Manuals. I uploaded my emulator, assembler and operational manual to the files area. Everyone is welcome to upload anything else that they might have.

      Here is a link to the group:

      Please forward this missive to anyone else you know who touched a 1218 or 1219 or any other Univac machine

      Step right up. Who will be the second member???

      The emulator needs the memory.0 file in the same directory. put 70000 in P register and start.

      If all fails RTFM.

      Duane

      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 28, 2013
        >> So far we have not been able to find Tech Manuals.

        Most of them are on Bitsavers.org.
      • Bill Dromgoole
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 28, 2013
          From: "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...>
          To: "MARCH Yahoo Midatlanticretro" <midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com>; "Art
          Aylesworth" <aaa757@...>; "Mark Allen" <Mark6525@...>; "Mark
          Allen" <Mark6525@...>; "Eddie Reagan"
          <EddieSuffolk_2000@...>; <douglas.mahone@...>;
          <steven.i.hall@...>; <danny.hansen@...>; <john.lassiter@...>;
          <michael.obrian@...>
          Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2013 1:53 PM
          Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] 1218 / 1219 Computer Group

          >>> So far we have not been able to find Tech Manuals.
          >
          > Most of them are on Bitsavers.org.

          As far as I know there is not a single manual for the 1219 computer on
          Bitsavers.
          I just looked.

          Bill Drom
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 28, 2013

            > I started a Univac Computer group on Yahoo!. Mostly as a place for for my 1219 Emulator/Assembler, but also to have a place for people who worked on Univac machines to share their experiences and what information they might have around. The Mid Atlantic Retro Computer Hobbyist (MARCH) has 2 1219's they hope to restore. So far we have not been able to find Tech Manuals. I uploaded my emulator, assembler and operational manual to the files area. Everyone is welcome to upload anything else that they might have.
            >
            > Here is a link to the group:

            Note - MARCH has a UNIVAC 1219-II
          • DuaneCraps
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 28, 2013
              I never heard of a 1219-II . I think you might be confused with the Univac internal designation which was 418-II

              The 1219B was the Military version.

              There also was a 418-III sold commercially.

              It could be though that APL did have different models than were on the ships.

              I would be interested in seeing photographs of what MARCH has.

              Esp. the nameplates.

              The Navy bought 1219B’s  as as either Mk. 152 Computers (NAVORD) or CP-848 (NAVSEA) .

              Duane

              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 28, 2013
                >> The 1219B was the Military version.

                I believe that's what we have.
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 28, 2013
                  Correct NOT 1219-II. Sorry.

                  Jan 24 2010 I helped rescue:

                  2 1219-B's
                  2 1540 Tape Units
                  3 1532 I/O Console with Teletype (not 33's, something larger)
                  1 MK-75 Targeting Computer
                  Another I/O station whose name I forget.
                  spare parts galore, hundreds of flip chips and components cables, connectors, etc.
                  misc other items.

                  Bill