Selling PDP-8 (straight), Lisa 1, LINC, Xerox Star, and more

  • Sellam Ismail
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 20, 2013
      Hi Folks.

      It has come time to dispose of some superfluous assets. I'm going to try
      quiet private sales before I resort to a highly publicized auction but
      either way I am intending to get maximum dollar for these items as
      investment capital for a new project.

      The following items are up for sale:

      - PDP-8 (straight)
      - Lisa 1 (works, includes original Lisa mouse and manual with Twiggy OS
      disks)
      - LINC (the CPU cabinet only, console was stolen)
      - Xerox 8010 "Star" (complete system, working and booting)

      I'm also selling the machines depicted here:

      http://vintagetech.com/photos/bigiron/

      FFS IV/90, Honeywell DPS-6, IBM 3420 + 3803, LMI Lambda, Microdata Royal
      E, Nuclear Data 9900, PDP 11-34, PDP 11-44, Plexus P75, Symbolics 3600,
      and more.

      Locals and friends get first dibs before I expand the advertising to
      increasingly populated channels.

      If anything sparks your interest then send me a note and we'll talk
      specifics. I'll provide relevant information. A visit to my warehouse in
      Stockton to examine the goods can be arranged.

      At some point I'll start going through pallets and offering up whatever I
      find in there, so if you're into more micro related stuff then please be
      patient.

      Thanks.

      --

      Sellam Ismail VintageTech
      International Man of Intrigue and Danger http://www.vintagetech.com

      Whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. The truth is always simple.

      * * * WARNING * * *

      THIS COMMUNICATION HAS BEEN CAPTURED, ANALYZED AND STORED BY THE
      UNITED STATES FOR REASONS IT WILL NOT DISCLOSE, KNOWLEDGE OF SUCH
      ACTIVITIES HAVING BEEN REVEALED TO THE PUBLIC. SUCH KNOWLEDGE
      SHALL NOT CONSTITUTE A WAIVER OF MY UNALIENABLE RIGHTS TO PRIVACY
      AND FREEDOM OF ASSOCIATION, NOR SHALL IT REPRESENT LACHES ON ANY
      FUTURE ACTIONS TO RECOVER DAMAGES FOR INJURY TO MY RIGHTS.

      THE CONTENTS OF THIS E-MAIL ARE FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY.
    • joshbensadon
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 20, 2013
        Hi Sellam,

        My wish list is dwindling down... here's what I'm after for my collection (which is based on Popular & Radio Electronics).

        - ALTAIR 680
        - SOL-20
        - SWTPC (6800 or 6809)
        - Explorer 8085 (Single board computer trainer)
        - Any project/kit featured in Popular Electronics/Radio Electronics magazines.

        Also wanted is any HP card readers that would go with an HP9830? Ideally, it would take penciled cards in BASIC.

        It would be great if we can help each other out here.

        Regards,
        Josh Bensadon
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 20, 2013
          Anyone who'd like to correspond with Sellam about his equipment sales should do so off-list.