Re: [midatlanticretro] Museum report

    Message 1 of 99 , Aug 18, 2013
      >> OK - will wait for pictures and l throw a few likley candidates in the
      truck.

      Thanks.

      >> OMARC will be on site next weekend for a work party - Anyone going to be on site Saturday to hand them off?

      No. MARCH is pretty much a Sunday-and-sometimes-Wednesday group.

      But, I'm sure Steve or whoever will have our exhibit rooms unlocked. Please put the screws in a small bag (or whatever) and leave that on top of the computer.

      It's in our room nearest to the NJARC museum. Pretty obvious which box in that room is the supercomputer. :)

      If you want, the panel in question is put away for safe keeping. In the same room you will see a Univac paper tape console. Open the bit bucket at the bottom of that console. The small dark red panel is in there. You'll see how it fits onto the front of the Cray.
      Message 99 of 99 , Mar 23
        Thirteen hour day! Jeff B., Jeff J., and I spent most of that time sprucing up the museum exhibits. A few highlights: we cleared out all kinds of junk; replaced the small stanchions and yellow rope with large stanchions and metal chain (which looks waaaaay better); added a second display case into the mainframe room (one is dedicated to UNIVAC and the other to MOBIDIC/Fieldata); and reorganized much of the homebrew exhibit. Also, Jeff J. got all of the books to sell at VCF organized.