Re: [midatlanticretro] Museum report

    Message 1 of 139 , Aug 18, 2013
      On 08/18/2013 07:08 PM, Evan Koblentz wrote:
      > Lots of visitors today! I gave many tours, from kids to IT guys, so
      > it was a good day.
      >
      > Jeff B. and I also spent some time cleaning. It's always good to make
      > the exhibits more presentable.

      Nice!

      > The Sol-20 and Wang 2200 both booted to junk text. Corey said he'll
      > bring in some replacement RAM for the Sol. Not sure what's up with
      > the Wang.

      ;)

      > I located the console door for the Cray. Dave M.: looks like we're
      > missing a tiny screw for one side. I will see about finding a
      > suitable replacement.

      Excellent, thank you. That's why the door was off in the first place.
      That screw was lost due to vibration in a truck when I picked up that
      system many years ago. I don't think the screw is particularly
      critical...as long as it holds the door on there.

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
      Message 139 of 139 , May 10
        Only two groups of two adults each today, but they were all knowledgeable and genuinely interested. Great weather and it's a holiday so we cannot complain.