Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Help: transit a minicomputer from NJ to McGuire

  • Cory Smelosky
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 18, 2013
      On Sun, 18 Aug 2013, Dave McGuire wrote:

      > On 08/17/2013 12:06 AM, hornbetw wrote:
      >>> MARCH has a Burroughs B80 that needs to get to Dave M. out in
      >>> Pittsburgh. (He's probably unable to get to NJ until VCF East next
      >>> spring.)
      >>>
      >>> Can anyone help get it there?
      >>
      >> I still have the 2 UPSes to get to Dave also. They're each about the
      >> size of a dishwasher and weigh 350 to 375 lbs. I need to get them out
      >> of my friend's garage. They're not to far of the Downingtown exit of
      >> the PA Turnpike.

      I bet those UPSes could manage to run my Alpha for more than half a
      minute!

      --
      Cory Smelosky
      http://gewt.net Personal stuff
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 18, 2013
        "Cory Smelosky" <b4@...> writes:

        >>> I still have the 2 UPSes to get to Dave also. They're each about the
        >>> size of a dishwasher and weigh 350 to 375 lbs. I need to get them out
        >>> of my friend's garage. They're not to far of the Downingtown exit of
        >>> the PA Turnpike.
        >
        >I bet those UPSes could manage to run my Alpha for more than half a
        >minute!

        Whatcha got there? A GS1280?

      • Cory Smelosky
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 18, 2013
          On 18 Aug 2013, at 18:20, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- <VAXman@...> wrote:

          > "Cory Smelosky" <b4@...> writes:

          >> I bet those UPSes could manage to run my Alpha for more than half a
          >> minute!
          >
          > Whatcha got there? A GS1280?

          Quad-proc ES40. Needs two PSUs to start!

          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 19, 2013
            "Cory Smelosky" <b4@...> writes:

            >On 18 Aug 2013, at 18:20, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- <VAXman@...>=
            > wrote:
            >
            >>=20
            >> "Cory Smelosky" <b4@...> writes:
            >>=20
            >>> On Sun, 18 Aug 2013, Dave McGuire wrote:
            >>>=20
            >>>=20
            >>> I bet those UPSes could manage to run my Alpha for more than half a=20
            >>> minute!
            >>=20
            >> Whatcha got there? A GS1280?
            >
            >Quad-proc ES40. Needs two PSUs to start!

            I'm quite familiar; I have three ES40s. I had four but lent one to a client
            to get over a hump when their ES45 went south. Then, in a move of their kit
            to a co-lo, it went missing. :(