Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Help: transit a minicomputer from NJ to McGuire

    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 18, 2013
      On 08/17/2013 12:06 AM, hornbetw wrote:
      >> MARCH has a Burroughs B80 that needs to get to Dave M. out in
      >> Pittsburgh. (He's probably unable to get to NJ until VCF East next
      >> spring.)
      >>
      >> Can anyone help get it there?
      >
      > I still have the 2 UPSes to get to Dave also. They're each about the
      > size of a dishwasher and weigh 350 to 375 lbs. I need to get them out
      > of my friend's garage. They're not to far of the Downingtown exit of
      > the PA Turnpike.

      Hey Tom! I've still been pretty swamped here, but things have cleared
      up a bit. I'm thinking I may be able to make a brief trip out there to
      get these fairly soon.

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
      New Kensington, PA
    • Cory Smelosky
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 18, 2013
        On Sun, 18 Aug 2013, Dave McGuire wrote:

        > On 08/17/2013 12:06 AM, hornbetw wrote:
        >>> MARCH has a Burroughs B80 that needs to get to Dave M. out in
        >>> Pittsburgh. (He's probably unable to get to NJ until VCF East next
        >>> spring.)
        >>>
        >>> Can anyone help get it there?
        >>
        >> I still have the 2 UPSes to get to Dave also. They're each about the
        >> size of a dishwasher and weigh 350 to 375 lbs. I need to get them out
        >> of my friend's garage. They're not to far of the Downingtown exit of
        >> the PA Turnpike.

        I bet those UPSes could manage to run my Alpha for more than half a
        minute!

        --
        Cory Smelosky
        http://gewt.net Personal stuff
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 18, 2013
          "Cory Smelosky" <b4@...> writes:

          >>> I still have the 2 UPSes to get to Dave also. They're each about the
          >>> size of a dishwasher and weigh 350 to 375 lbs. I need to get them out
          >>> of my friend's garage. They're not to far of the Downingtown exit of
          >>> the PA Turnpike.
          >
          >I bet those UPSes could manage to run my Alpha for more than half a
          >minute!

          Whatcha got there? A GS1280?

        • Cory Smelosky
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 18, 2013
            On 18 Aug 2013, at 18:20, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- <VAXman@...> wrote:

            > "Cory Smelosky" <b4@...> writes:

            >> I bet those UPSes could manage to run my Alpha for more than half a
            >> minute!
            >
            > Whatcha got there? A GS1280?

            Quad-proc ES40. Needs two PSUs to start!

            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 19, 2013
              "Cory Smelosky" <b4@...> writes:

              >On 18 Aug 2013, at 18:20, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- <VAXman@...>=
              > wrote:
              >
              >>=20
              >> "Cory Smelosky" <b4@...> writes:
              >>=20
              >>> On Sun, 18 Aug 2013, Dave McGuire wrote:
              >>>=20
              >>>=20
              >>> I bet those UPSes could manage to run my Alpha for more than half a=20
              >>> minute!
              >>=20
              >> Whatcha got there? A GS1280?
              >
              >Quad-proc ES40. Needs two PSUs to start!

              I'm quite familiar; I have three ES40s. I had four but lent one to a client
              to get over a hump when their ES45 went south. Then, in a move of their kit
              to a co-lo, it went missing. :(