Re: Help: transit a minicomputer from NJ to McGuire

  • hornbetw
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 16 9:06 PM

      > All--
      >
      > MARCH has a Burroughs B80 that needs to get to Dave M. out in Pittsburgh. (He's probably unable to get to NJ until VCF East next spring.)
      >
      > Can anyone help get it there?

      I still have the 2 UPSes to get to Dave also. They're each about the size of a dishwasher and weigh 350 to 375 lbs. I need to get them out of my friend's garage. They're not to far of the Downingtown exit of the PA Turnpike.

      Tom H
    • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 17 5:16 AM
        "hornbetw" <hornbetw@...> writes:

        >--- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> All--
        >>=20
        >> MARCH has a Burroughs B80 that needs to get to Dave M. out in Pittsburgh.=
        > (He's probably unable to get to NJ until VCF East next spring.)
        >>=20
        >> Can anyone help get it there?
        >>

        >I still have the 2 UPSes to get to Dave also. They're each about the size =
        >of a dishwasher and weigh 350 to 375 lbs. I need to get them out of my frie=
        >nd's garage. They're not to far of the Downingtown exit of the PA Turnpike.
        >
        >Tom H

        You're day late (well, a week anyway) and a dollar short. I'd just spent the
        week of my birthday (6 Aug) at a client's sites in the Williamsport and State
        College Penna. areas. I could have had your system(s) at least halfway there.

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 18 2:56 PM
          On 08/17/2013 12:06 AM, hornbetw wrote:
          >> MARCH has a Burroughs B80 that needs to get to Dave M. out in
          >> Pittsburgh. (He's probably unable to get to NJ until VCF East next
          >> spring.)
          >>
          >> Can anyone help get it there?
          >
          > I still have the 2 UPSes to get to Dave also. They're each about the
          > size of a dishwasher and weigh 350 to 375 lbs. I need to get them out
          > of my friend's garage. They're not to far of the Downingtown exit of
          > the PA Turnpike.

          Hey Tom! I've still been pretty swamped here, but things have cleared
          up a bit. I'm thinking I may be able to make a brief trip out there to
          get these fairly soon.

          Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
          New Kensington, PA
        • Cory Smelosky
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 18 2:58 PM
            On Sun, 18 Aug 2013, Dave McGuire wrote:

            > On 08/17/2013 12:06 AM, hornbetw wrote:
            >>> MARCH has a Burroughs B80 that needs to get to Dave M. out in
            >>> Pittsburgh. (He's probably unable to get to NJ until VCF East next
            >>> spring.)
            >>>
            >>> Can anyone help get it there?
            >>
            >> I still have the 2 UPSes to get to Dave also. They're each about the
            >> size of a dishwasher and weigh 350 to 375 lbs. I need to get them out
            >> of my friend's garage. They're not to far of the Downingtown exit of
            >> the PA Turnpike.

            I bet those UPSes could manage to run my Alpha for more than half a
            minute!

            --
            Cory Smelosky
            http://gewt.net Personal stuff
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 18 3:20 PM
              "Cory Smelosky" <b4@...> writes:

              >>> I still have the 2 UPSes to get to Dave also. They're each about the
              >>> size of a dishwasher and weigh 350 to 375 lbs. I need to get them out
              >>> of my friend's garage. They're not to far of the Downingtown exit of
              >>> the PA Turnpike.
              >
              >I bet those UPSes could manage to run my Alpha for more than half a
              >minute!

              Whatcha got there? A GS1280?

            • Cory Smelosky
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 18 4:29 PM
                On 18 Aug 2013, at 18:20, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- <VAXman@...> wrote:

                > "Cory Smelosky" <b4@...> writes:

                >> I bet those UPSes could manage to run my Alpha for more than half a
                >> minute!
                >
                > Whatcha got there? A GS1280?

                Quad-proc ES40. Needs two PSUs to start!

                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 19 4:49 AM
                  "Cory Smelosky" <b4@...> writes:

                  >On 18 Aug 2013, at 18:20, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- <VAXman@...>=
                  > wrote:
                  >
                  >>=20
                  >> "Cory Smelosky" <b4@...> writes:
                  >>=20
                  >>> On Sun, 18 Aug 2013, Dave McGuire wrote:
                  >>>=20
                  >>>=20
                  >>> I bet those UPSes could manage to run my Alpha for more than half a=20
                  >>> minute!
                  >>=20
                  >> Whatcha got there? A GS1280?
                  >
                  >Quad-proc ES40. Needs two PSUs to start!

                  I'm quite familiar; I have three ES40s. I had four but lent one to a client
                  to get over a hump when their ES45 went south. Then, in a move of their kit
                  to a co-lo, it went missing. :(