Help: transit a minicomputer from NJ to McGuire

    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 16, 2013
      All--

      MARCH has a Burroughs B80 that needs to get to Dave M. out in Pittsburgh. (He's probably unable to get to NJ until VCF East next spring.)

      Can anyone help get it there?
    • hornbetw
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 16, 2013

        > All--
        >
        > MARCH has a Burroughs B80 that needs to get to Dave M. out in Pittsburgh. (He's probably unable to get to NJ until VCF East next spring.)
        >
        > Can anyone help get it there?

        I still have the 2 UPSes to get to Dave also. They're each about the size of a dishwasher and weigh 350 to 375 lbs. I need to get them out of my friend's garage. They're not to far of the Downingtown exit of the PA Turnpike.

        Tom H
      • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 17, 2013
          "hornbetw" <hornbetw@...> writes:

          >--- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> All--
          >>=20
          >> MARCH has a Burroughs B80 that needs to get to Dave M. out in Pittsburgh.=
          > (He's probably unable to get to NJ until VCF East next spring.)
          >>=20
          >> Can anyone help get it there?
          >>

          >I still have the 2 UPSes to get to Dave also. They're each about the size =
          >of a dishwasher and weigh 350 to 375 lbs. I need to get them out of my frie=
          >nd's garage. They're not to far of the Downingtown exit of the PA Turnpike.
          >
          >Tom H

          You're day late (well, a week anyway) and a dollar short. I'd just spent the
          week of my birthday (6 Aug) at a client's sites in the Williamsport and State
          College Penna. areas. I could have had your system(s) at least halfway there.

          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 18, 2013
            On 08/17/2013 12:06 AM, hornbetw wrote:
            >> MARCH has a Burroughs B80 that needs to get to Dave M. out in
            >> Pittsburgh. (He's probably unable to get to NJ until VCF East next
            >> spring.)
            >>
            >> Can anyone help get it there?
            >
            > I still have the 2 UPSes to get to Dave also. They're each about the
            > size of a dishwasher and weigh 350 to 375 lbs. I need to get them out
            > of my friend's garage. They're not to far of the Downingtown exit of
            > the PA Turnpike.

            Hey Tom! I've still been pretty swamped here, but things have cleared
            up a bit. I'm thinking I may be able to make a brief trip out there to
            get these fairly soon.

            Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
            New Kensington, PA
          • Cory Smelosky
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 18, 2013
              On Sun, 18 Aug 2013, Dave McGuire wrote:

              > On 08/17/2013 12:06 AM, hornbetw wrote:
              >>> MARCH has a Burroughs B80 that needs to get to Dave M. out in
              >>> Pittsburgh. (He's probably unable to get to NJ until VCF East next
              >>> spring.)
              >>>
              >>> Can anyone help get it there?
              >>
              >> I still have the 2 UPSes to get to Dave also. They're each about the
              >> size of a dishwasher and weigh 350 to 375 lbs. I need to get them out
              >> of my friend's garage. They're not to far of the Downingtown exit of
              >> the PA Turnpike.

              I bet those UPSes could manage to run my Alpha for more than half a
              minute!

              --
              Cory Smelosky
              http://gewt.net Personal stuff
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 18, 2013
                "Cory Smelosky" <b4@...> writes:

                >>> I still have the 2 UPSes to get to Dave also. They're each about the
                >>> size of a dishwasher and weigh 350 to 375 lbs. I need to get them out
                >>> of my friend's garage. They're not to far of the Downingtown exit of
                >>> the PA Turnpike.
                >
                >I bet those UPSes could manage to run my Alpha for more than half a
                >minute!

                Whatcha got there? A GS1280?

              • Cory Smelosky
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 18, 2013
                  On 18 Aug 2013, at 18:20, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- <VAXman@...> wrote:

                  > "Cory Smelosky" <b4@...> writes:

                  >> I bet those UPSes could manage to run my Alpha for more than half a
                  >> minute!
                  >
                  > Whatcha got there? A GS1280?

                  Quad-proc ES40. Needs two PSUs to start!

                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 19, 2013
                    "Cory Smelosky" <b4@...> writes:

                    >On 18 Aug 2013, at 18:20, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- <VAXman@...>=
                    > wrote:
                    >
                    >>=20
                    >> "Cory Smelosky" <b4@...> writes:
                    >>=20
                    >>> On Sun, 18 Aug 2013, Dave McGuire wrote:
                    >>>=20
                    >>>=20
                    >>> I bet those UPSes could manage to run my Alpha for more than half a=20
                    >>> minute!
                    >>=20
                    >> Whatcha got there? A GS1280?
                    >
                    >Quad-proc ES40. Needs two PSUs to start!

                    I'm quite familiar; I have three ES40s. I had four but lent one to a client
                    to get over a hump when their ES45 went south. Then, in a move of their kit
                    to a co-lo, it went missing. :(