Re: [midatlanticretro] cheap paper tape (so far)

  • Mike Loewen
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 16, 2013
      On Fri, 16 Aug 2013, Jeff Jonas wrote:

      > MARCH still has some paper tape to sell
      > (fan fold, 1" yellow rolls).
      >
      > As a courtesy to MARCH members, I wish to point out
      > an ebay seller with something we don't have:
      > baby blue 1 inch paper tape
      >
      > ending Aug 21, 2013 17:28:42 PDT
      > Case of 7 New Unused 1" Paper Tape Roll f/ Old Teletype Minicomputer PDP-8
      >
      > Current bid: US $5.50
      > + $12.97 Economy Shipping
      >
      > http://www.ebay.com/itm/Case-of-7-New-Unused-1-Paper-Tape-Roll-f-Old-Teletype-Minicomputer-PDP-8-/390644031974
      >
      > I don't know the seller, just letting you know that it's a great deal so far.

      You mean, Will Donzelli? :-)

      Mike Loewen mloewen@...
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 16, 2013
        >> I'm pretty sure that you do, in fact, know that seller.

        Agreed...
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 16, 2013
          >> You mean, Will Donzelli? :-)

          I wasn't going to give that away, but since you did -- yes it appears to be him -- a MARCHin in good standing.
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 16, 2013
            On 08/16/2013 07:18 PM, Evan Koblentz wrote:
            >>> You mean, Will Donzelli? :-)
            >
            > I wasn't going to give that away, but since you did -- yes it appears to be him -- a MARCHin in good standing.

            I've purchased several items from Will via eBay; all "positive feedback"
            experiences.

            Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
            New Kensington, PA
          • Mike Loewen
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 16, 2013
              On Fri, 16 Aug 2013, Evan Koblentz wrote:

              >>> You mean, Will Donzelli? :-)
              >
              > I wasn't going to give that away, but since you did -- yes it appears to be him -- a MARCHin in good standing.

              Ah, I thought everyone knew that. Good guy to deal with.

              Mike Loewen mloewen@...
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 16, 2013

                > On 08/16/2013 07:09 PM, Jeff Jonas wrote:
                > > MARCH still has some paper tape to sell
                > > (fan fold, 1" yellow rolls).
                > >
                > > As a courtesy to MARCH members, I wish to point out
                > > an ebay seller with something we don't have:
                > > baby blue 1 inch paper tape
                > >
                > > ending Aug 21, 2013 17:28:42 PDT
                > > Case of 7 New Unused 1" Paper Tape Roll f/ Old Teletype Minicomputer
                PDP-8

                > > Current bid: US $5.50
                > > + $12.97 Economy Shipping

                http://www.ebay.com/itm/Case-of-7-New-Unused-1-Paper-Tape-Roll-f-Old-Teletyp
                e-Minicomputer-PDP-8-/390644031974

                > > I don't know the seller, just letting you know that it's a great deal
                so far.

                > I'm pretty sure that you do, in fact, know that seller.

                Is it oiled though? I saw that and was not sure if it would work in a
                teletype-type unit, but maybe a high-speed punch only.

                bd
                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 16, 2013
                  > >> I'm pretty sure that you do, in fact, know that seller.
                  >
                  > Agreed...

                  and it is....?
                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 16, 2013

                    > > I wasn't going to give that away, but since you did -- yes it appears
                    to be him -- a MARCHin in good standing.

                    > I've purchased several items from Will via eBay; all "positive
                    feedback"
                    > experiences.
                    >
                    > -Dave
                    >
                    > --