cheap paper tape (so far)

  • Jeff Jonas
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 16, 2013
      MARCH still has some paper tape to sell
      (fan fold, 1" yellow rolls).

      As a courtesy to MARCH members, I wish to point out
      an ebay seller with something we don't have:
      baby blue 1 inch paper tape

      ending Aug 21, 2013 17:28:42 PDT
      Case of 7 New Unused 1" Paper Tape Roll f/ Old Teletype Minicomputer PDP-8

      Current bid: US $5.50
      + $12.97 Economy Shipping

      http://www.ebay.com/itm/Case-of-7-New-Unused-1-Paper-Tape-Roll-f-Old-Teletype-Minicomputer-PDP-8-/390644031974

      I don't know the seller, just letting you know that it's a great deal so far.
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 16, 2013
        On 08/16/2013 07:09 PM, Jeff Jonas wrote:
        > MARCH still has some paper tape to sell
        > (fan fold, 1" yellow rolls).
        >
        > As a courtesy to MARCH members, I wish to point out
        > an ebay seller with something we don't have:
        > baby blue 1 inch paper tape
        >
        > ending Aug 21, 2013 17:28:42 PDT
        > Case of 7 New Unused 1" Paper Tape Roll f/ Old Teletype Minicomputer PDP-8
        >
        > Current bid: US $5.50
        > + $12.97 Economy Shipping
        >
        > http://www.ebay.com/itm/Case-of-7-New-Unused-1-Paper-Tape-Roll-f-Old-Teletype-Minicomputer-PDP-8-/390644031974
        >
        > I don't know the seller, just letting you know that it's a great deal so far.

        I'm pretty sure that you do, in fact, know that seller.

        Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
        New Kensington, PA
      • Mike Loewen
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 16, 2013
          On Fri, 16 Aug 2013, Jeff Jonas wrote:

          > MARCH still has some paper tape to sell
          > (fan fold, 1" yellow rolls).
          >
          > As a courtesy to MARCH members, I wish to point out
          > an ebay seller with something we don't have:
          > baby blue 1 inch paper tape
          >
          > ending Aug 21, 2013 17:28:42 PDT
          > Case of 7 New Unused 1" Paper Tape Roll f/ Old Teletype Minicomputer PDP-8
          >
          > Current bid: US $5.50
          > + $12.97 Economy Shipping
          >
          > http://www.ebay.com/itm/Case-of-7-New-Unused-1-Paper-Tape-Roll-f-Old-Teletype-Minicomputer-PDP-8-/390644031974
          >
          > I don't know the seller, just letting you know that it's a great deal so far.

          You mean, Will Donzelli? :-)

          Mike Loewen mloewen@...
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 16, 2013
            >> I'm pretty sure that you do, in fact, know that seller.

            Agreed...
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 16, 2013
              >> You mean, Will Donzelli? :-)

              I wasn't going to give that away, but since you did -- yes it appears to be him -- a MARCHin in good standing.
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 16, 2013
                On 08/16/2013 07:18 PM, Evan Koblentz wrote:
                >>> You mean, Will Donzelli? :-)
                >
                > I wasn't going to give that away, but since you did -- yes it appears to be him -- a MARCHin in good standing.

                I've purchased several items from Will via eBay; all "positive feedback"
                experiences.

                Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
                New Kensington, PA
              • Mike Loewen
                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 16, 2013
                  On Fri, 16 Aug 2013, Evan Koblentz wrote:

                  >>> You mean, Will Donzelli? :-)
                  >
                  > I wasn't going to give that away, but since you did -- yes it appears to be him -- a MARCHin in good standing.

                  Ah, I thought everyone knew that. Good guy to deal with.

                  Mike Loewen mloewen@...
                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 16, 2013

                    > On 08/16/2013 07:09 PM, Jeff Jonas wrote:
                    > > MARCH still has some paper tape to sell
                    > > (fan fold, 1" yellow rolls).
                    > >
                    > > As a courtesy to MARCH members, I wish to point out
                    > > an ebay seller with something we don't have:
                    > > baby blue 1 inch paper tape
                    > >
                    > > ending Aug 21, 2013 17:28:42 PDT
                    > > Case of 7 New Unused 1" Paper Tape Roll f/ Old Teletype Minicomputer
                    PDP-8

                    > > Current bid: US $5.50
                    > > + $12.97 Economy Shipping

                    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Case-of-7-New-Unused-1-Paper-Tape-Roll-f-Old-Teletyp
                    e-Minicomputer-PDP-8-/390644031974

                    > > I don't know the seller, just letting you know that it's a great deal
                    so far.

                    > I'm pretty sure that you do, in fact, know that seller.

                    Is it oiled though? I saw that and was not sure if it would work in a
                    teletype-type unit, but maybe a high-speed punch only.

                    bd
                    Message 9 of 10 , Aug 16, 2013
                      > >> I'm pretty sure that you do, in fact, know that seller.
                      >
                      > Agreed...

                      and it is....?
                      Message 10 of 10 , Aug 16, 2013

                        > > I wasn't going to give that away, but since you did -- yes it appears
                        to be him -- a MARCHin in good standing.

                        > I've purchased several items from Will via eBay; all "positive
                        feedback"
                        > experiences.
                        >
                        > -Dave
                        >
                        > --