Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Jobs movie(s)

  • Dan Roganti
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 16, 2013

      there's always the iSteve movie  :)

      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 16, 2013
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 16, 2013
          -------- Original Message --------
          > From: "Dan Roganti" <ragooman@...>
          > Sent: Friday, August 16, 2013 4:00 PM
          > To: "midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com"
          <midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com>
          > Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Jobs movie(s)
          >
          > there's always the iSteve movie :)

          Dan,
          Missed you at the workshop...hope all is well
          Bill
        • Al Hartman
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 16, 2013
            If you look in the comments for this article, a commenter clams to own an
            Apple I which his father had bought years ago.

            He wants to auction it for charity, and asks Woz what his favorite charity
            is.

            Is it likely another Apple I has surfaced? Or is this one of those Asian
            clones?

            It will be interesting to see what comes of this.

            If I had an Apple I board, I'd never sell it. It would be one of my prized
            possessions.

            Al

            > "Evan Koblentz" evan@... Wrote:
            >
            > Woz's opinion:
            > http://gizmodo.com/jobs-reviewed-by-steve-wozniak-1153771108
          • Mike
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 17, 2013
              Could be another Apple 1 or a clone or a hoax or someone is confused about what they have. You don't really know until you see high resolution images and get some information on the history of the unit.

              I have heard rumors from pretty reliable sources of 4 or 5 Apple 1s that are not in my registry. Another thing, byte shop numbering on original Apple 1s apparently goes up to 60. Did they really buy 60 in that famous first deal, or did they buy another 10, later on?

              regards,
              Mike W.

              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 17, 2013
                >> or someone is confused about what they have.

                I run into that all the time, sometimes to the point of hilarity. Best example was the person who came to our Trenton booth a few years ago and swore he had a Lisa laptop. No such computer, but that didn't stop him.

                He emailed me pictures as "proof".

                It was a //c. :)