Jobs movie(s)

    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 15, 2013
    • Bryan Pope
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 15, 2013
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 15, 2013
          >> No.

          No, what?

          I planned to skip the current movie and see the second one. But the second movie's plot (linked toward the end of this article) apparently * starts * with the Mac and skips all the good stuff of their early days / Apple II.

          Sigh...
        • Bryan Pope
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 15, 2013
            On 8/16/2013 12:07 AM, Evan Koblentz wrote:

            >> No.

            No, what?

            I planned to skip the current movie and see the second one. But the second movie's plot (linked toward the end of this article) apparently * starts * with the Mac and skips all the good stuff of their early days / Apple II.

            Sigh...

            No as in I will stay far away from this movie.  They trivialize everybody around Jobs and pretty much make Jobs look like the second coming.

            Also it gets silly when they mostly focus on how Kutcher looks and acts like Jobs and how hard he worked to act like him.

            It is like game press releases / reviews where all they talk about is "oooh, we have full motion video" or "all the graphics are done with 3D rendering", focusing on the tech aspects of the game instead of the game itself.  All flash, no fun.

            Cheers,

            Bryan

          • Cory Smelosky
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 15, 2013
              On Fri, 16 Aug 2013, Bryan Pope wrote:

              >> No, what?
              >>
              >> I planned to skip the current movie and see the second one. But the
              >> second movie's plot (linked toward the end of this article) apparently
              >> * starts * with the Mac and skips all the good stuff of their early
              >> days / Apple II.
              >>
              >> Sigh...
              >>
              > No as in I will stay far away from this movie. They trivialize
              > everybody around Jobs and pretty much make Jobs look like the second
              > coming.

              People do worship him like the second coming unfortunately.

              > Also it gets silly when they mostly focus on how Kutcher looks and acts
              > like Jobs and how hard he worked to act like him.

              I just really, really, really, don't like Kutcher in pretty much anything.
              He's in my opinion as ill-suited for the part as Snoop Dogg. Admittedly
              I'd watch a Jobs film starring Snopp Dogg merely for the "what the hell"
              factor.

              > It is like game press releases / reviews where all they talk about is
              > "oooh, we have full motion video" or "all the graphics are done with 3D
              > rendering", focusing on the tech aspects of the game instead of the game
              > itself. All flash, no fun.

              I wouldn't mind it /as much/ if the film didn't star Kutcher.

              --
              Cory Smelosky
              http://gewt.net Personal stuff
              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 16, 2013
                I have to see how much screen time the Mimeos get. I see in the previews, that at least one is running, or perhaps they found a real working Apple 1. :-)

                Regards,
                Mike Willegal

                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 16, 2013
                • hornbetw
                  Message 8 of 14 , Aug 16, 2013
                    --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Cory Smelosky" <b4@...> wrote:

                    > >> No, what?
                    > >>
                    > >> I planned to skip the current movie and see the second one. But the
                    > >> second movie's plot (linked toward the end of this article) apparently
                    > >> * starts * with the Mac and skips all the good stuff of their early
                    > >> days / Apple II.
                    > >>
                    > >> Sigh...
                    > >>
                    > > No as in I will stay far away from this movie. They trivialize
                    > > everybody around Jobs and pretty much make Jobs look like the second
                    > > coming.
                    > >

                    > People do worship him like the second coming unfortunately.
                    >

                    > > Also it gets silly when they mostly focus on how Kutcher looks and acts
                    > > like Jobs and how hard he worked to act like him.
                    >
                    > I just really, really, really, don't like Kutcher in pretty much anything.
                    > He's in my opinion as ill-suited for the part as Snoop Dogg. Admittedly
                    > I'd watch a Jobs film starring Snopp Dogg merely for the "what the hell"
                    > factor.
                    >

                    > > It is like game press releases / reviews where all they talk about is
                    > > "oooh, we have full motion video" or "all the graphics are done with 3D
                    > > rendering", focusing on the tech aspects of the game instead of the game
                    > > itself. All flash, no fun.
                    >
                    > I wouldn't mind it /as much/ if the film didn't star Kutcher.
                    >

                    > > Cheers,
                    > >
                    > > Bryan
                    > >

                    > --
                    > Cory Smelosky
                    > http://gewt.net Personal stuff
                    > http://gimme-sympathy.org Projects

                    You mean Snoop Lion. :)
                  • Dan Roganti
                    Message 9 of 14 , Aug 16, 2013

                      there's always the iSteve movie  :)

                      Message 10 of 14 , Aug 16, 2013
                        Message 11 of 14 , Aug 16, 2013
                          Message 12 of 14 , Aug 16, 2013
                            If you look in the comments for this article, a commenter clams to own an
                            Apple I which his father had bought years ago.

                            He wants to auction it for charity, and asks Woz what his favorite charity
                            is.

                            Is it likely another Apple I has surfaced? Or is this one of those Asian
                            clones?

                            It will be interesting to see what comes of this.

                            If I had an Apple I board, I'd never sell it. It would be one of my prized
                            possessions.

                            Al

                            > "Evan Koblentz" evan@... Wrote:
                            >
                            > Woz's opinion:
                            > http://gizmodo.com/jobs-reviewed-by-steve-wozniak-1153771108
                          • Mike
                            Message 13 of 14 , Aug 17, 2013
                              Could be another Apple 1 or a clone or a hoax or someone is confused about what they have. You don't really know until you see high resolution images and get some information on the history of the unit.

                              I have heard rumors from pretty reliable sources of 4 or 5 Apple 1s that are not in my registry. Another thing, byte shop numbering on original Apple 1s apparently goes up to 60. Did they really buy 60 in that famous first deal, or did they buy another 10, later on?

                              regards,
                              Mike W.

                              Message 14 of 14 , Aug 17, 2013
                                >> or someone is confused about what they have.

                                I run into that all the time, sometimes to the point of hilarity. Best example was the person who came to our Trenton booth a few years ago and swore he had a Lisa laptop. No such computer, but that didn't stop him.

                                He emailed me pictures as "proof".

                                It was a //c. :)