Re: [midatlanticretro] Tomorrow at InfoAge

  • Joe Giliberti
    Message 1 of 30 , Apr 28, 2006
      Bryan Pope wrote:

      >>Evan Koblentz wrote:
      >>

      >>>I'll be there tomorrow around 10 AM. There's an event for the diving club
      >>>next weekend, and then VCF the weekend after that. So this weekend is sort
      >>>of a last change for the many InfoAge volunteers to get the place into
      >>>decent shape. Fred has a long list of projects.
      >>>
      >>>I know Bryan is coming. Anyone else?
      >>>

      >>C'mon people!! This is the final push for VCF east! The more we get
      >>done tomorrow, the better show we will have! Plus, if we get a few more
      >>people to come I will bring a box of joe and donuts or bagels.
      >>
      >>Cheers,
      >>
      >>Bryan
      >>

      > Wow the response is mildly overwhelming... :)
      >
      > Cheers,
      >
      > Bryan
      >
      > P.S. For our fearless leader I will get a Coke®

      Being dependant on others to drive, all I can say is maybe. I can't wait
      for my license
      Message 2 of 30 , Apr 28, 2006
        Happy to pick you up on the way.  Email me off-list with your address.

        >>>I'll be there tomorrow around 10 AM.  There's
        an event for the diving club
        >>>next weekend, and then VCF the
        weekend after that.  So this weekend is sort
        >>>of a last
        change for the many InfoAge volunteers to get the place into
        >>>decent shape.  Fred has a long list of
        projects.

        >>>I know Bryan is coming.  Anyone
        else?

        >>C'mon people!!  This is the final push for VCF
        east!  The more we get
        >>done tomorrow, the better show we will
        have!  Plus, if we get a few more
        >>people to come I will bring a
        box of joe and donuts or bagels.

        >>Cheers,
        >>
        >>Bryan
        >>

        > Wow the response is mildly overwhelming... :)
        >
        > Cheers,
        >
        > Bryan
        >
        > P.S.  For
        our fearless leader I will get a Coke®

        Being dependant on others to drive, all I can say is maybe. I can't wait
        for my license

      • Bryan Pope
        Message 3 of 30 , Apr 28, 2006
          Joe Giliberti wrote:
          Bryan Pope wrote:

          Bryan Pope wrote:

          Evan Koblentz wrote:

          I'll be there tomorrow around 10 AM.  There's an event for the diving club
          next weekend, and then VCF the weekend after that.  So this weekend is sort
          of a last change for the many InfoAge volunteers to get the place into
          decent shape.  Fred has a long list of projects.

          I know Bryan is coming.  Anyone else?

          C'mon people!!  This is the final push for VCF east!  The more we get
          done tomorrow, the better show we will have!  Plus, if we get a few more
          people to come I will bring a box of joe and donuts or bagels.

          Cheers,

          Bryan

          Wow the response is mildly overwhelming... :)

          Cheers,

          Bryan

          P.S.  For our fearless leader I will get a Coke®

          Being dependant on others to drive, all I can say is maybe. I can't wait
          for my license

          Are you somewhere between Burlington, NJ and InfoAge?  If you are I don't mind giving you a ride...

          Cheers,

          Bryan

        • Jeffrey Frady
          Message 4 of 30 , Apr 28, 2006
            I'm not busy tomorrow.  What would need to be done?

            On 28/04/06, Bryan Pope <bryan.pope@...> wrote:
            Joe Giliberti wrote:
            Bryan Pope wrote:

            Bryan Pope wrote:

            Evan Koblentz wrote:

[...]

            Vintage computer Computer security Computer training

            YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

            --
            Jeff Frady, http://www.fradycomputing.com/legodude522
          • Bob Grieb
            Message 5 of 30 , Apr 28, 2006
              Bryan,

              I live in Medford. Any chance we could meet at
              Burlington Center (off of 541, near 295) and drive
              up together? We could split the gas.

              Bob Grieb

              --- Bryan Pope <bryan.pope@...> wrote:

              > Joe Giliberti wrote:
              > > Bryan Pope wrote:

              > diving club
              > weekend is sort
              > place into

              > get
              > few more

              > >> Wow the response is mildly overwhelming... :)
              > >>
              > >> Cheers,
              > >>
              > >> Bryan
              > >>
              > >> P.S. For our fearless leader I will get a Coke®
              > >>

              > > Being dependant on others to drive, all I can say is maybe. I can't
              > wait
              > > for my license
              > >

              > Are you somewhere between Burlington, NJ and InfoAge? If you are I
              > don't mind giving you a ride...
              >
              > Cheers,
              >
              > Bryan

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • Bryan Pope
              Message 6 of 30 , Apr 28, 2006
                Bob Grieb wrote:
                Bryan,

                   I live in Medford.  Any chance we could meet at
                Burlington Center (off of 541, near 295) and drive
                up together?  We could split the gas.

                   Bob Grieb

                Bob,

                    Sounds good...  I plan to leave around 9-ish (but prob will make it out earlier) so I should be able to make it to Burlington Center Mall around 9 or just a little after.  Meet you around the back?  (near Strawbridge's)  I drive a back Pontiac Grand Am.

                Cheers,

                Bryan

                --- Bryan Pope <bryan.pope@...> wrote:

                Joe Giliberti wrote:

                  Message 8 of 30 , Apr 28, 2006
                    Sounds good. I drive a Green Audi A4. Not sure exactly which
                    entrance you mean. Is there only one for Strawbridges? I will
                    be there at 9AM tomorrow. Do we need to bring any tools or anything?
                    I don't know what sort of work we'll be doing.

                    Bob

                    http://mail.yahoo.com
                    Message 9 of 30 , Apr 28, 2006
                      Nope, InfoAge has plenty of tools.

                      If you guys arrive before I do (which should be 10-ish), then try to enter through the rear of the main building. Usually on weekends the main gate is closed by unlocked, so that we can get in but passers-by are discouraged.  If for some reason you can't get in, then just wait for me or call Fred on his cell phone at 732.299.0894.

                      --- Bryan Pope <bryan.pope@...> wrote:

                      > Bob Grieb wrote:
                      > > Bryan,
                      > >
                      > >    I live in Medford.  Any chance we could meet at
                      > > Burlington Center (off of 541, near 295) and drive

                      up together?  We could split the gas.

                      > >    Bob Grieb

                      Bob,

                      Pope wrote:

                      There's an event for the

                      > >> diving club

                      > >> weekend is sort

                      > >> place into

                      know Bryan is coming.  Anyone else?

                      VCF east!  The more
                      > we
                      > >>>>>
                      > >> get

                      > >> few more

                      Cheers,

                      > can't
                      > >>>
                      > >> wait

                      > >> Are you
                      somewhere between Burlington, NJ and InfoAge?  If you are
                      > >> don't mind giving you a ride...
                      > >>
                      > >> Cheers,
                      > >>
                      > >> Bryan

                      http://mail.yahoo.com
                    • Jeffrey Frady
                      Message 10 of 30 , Apr 28, 2006
                        Screw that, I got a date :-P

                        Does anyone here know what one of those are?

                        http://mail.yahoo.com

                        Message 11 of 30 , Apr 28, 2006
                          Yes, some kind of exotic fruit?

                          Actually, Jeff, several MARCHins are married and have children.  The moral: being in vintage computers makes you MUCH COOLER TO WOMEN than being into modern computers.    :)

                          http://mail.yahoo.com

                          Message 12 of 30 , Apr 28, 2006
                            Bob Grieb wrote:
                            Sounds good.  I drive a Green Audi A4.  Not sure exactly which
                            entrance you mean.  Is there only one for Strawbridges?  I will
                            be there at 9AM tomorrow.  Do we need to bring any tools or anything?
                            I don't know what sort of work we'll be doing.

                               Bob

                            Bob,

                                The main entrance to Strawbridge's is a little to your left when you come in from the main entrance off of 541.. But if you keep going around you will come to the back...  Less people park there....  See you tomorrow!

                            Cheers,

                            Bryan

                            --- Bryan Pope <bryan.pope@...> wrote:

                            Joe Giliberti wrote:

                            Message 13 of 30 , Apr 28, 2006
                              Hey everyone - My sister is getting married tomorrow...I can't be
                              there this weekend. Next weekend is all business, getting my exhibit
                              ready.
                              Bill

                              At Friday, 28 April 2006, you wrote:

                              >Evan Koblentz wrote:
                              >> I'll be there tomorrow around 10 AM. There's an event for the
                              diving club
                              >> next weekend, and then VCF the weekend after that. So this weekend
                              is sort
                              >> of a last change for the many InfoAge volunteers to get the place
                              into
                              >> decent shape. Fred has a long list of projects.
                              >>
                              >> I know Bryan is coming. Anyone else?
                              >>

                              >C'mon people!! This is the final push for VCF east! The more we get
                              >done tomorrow, the better show we will have! Plus, if we get a
                              few more
                              >people to come I will bring a box of joe and donuts or bagels.
                              >
                              >Cheers,
                              >
                              >Bryan
                              >
                              >Yahoo! Groups Links

                              -- E N D --
                            • Kelly Leavitt
                              Message 14 of 30 , Dec 5, 2008
                                Evan et al:
                                Is there an official "plan" of any sort for tomorrow. I intend to get there around 11AM. I still have to load my van tonight and tomorrow. As it stands, I am now only bringing 2 Model II computers. BillD and Ragoo's. I have more, but I want to spend more time fixing them and don't have the room in the van for more.

                                I am also bringing the printers I picked up for March a couple of months ago, a 486 for Herb, some XT clones that need work free for the picking, an SX64 for Ian (needs work), a model 4 for someone (needs power supply work).

                                Does anyone need dot matrix printers? I have way too many of these and would like to offer a few for free. Just speak up. What about REALLY OLD laser printers?

                                Is there anything else hardware wise I need to bring for anyone? What about disketts? I was going to bring my duplicating machine, but I just have too much in the van right now. Those printers are BIG and HEAVY.

                                What about foodstuff or drinks? I haven't made anything, but I could stop and pick up something to nosh on. Any suggestions from the masses?

                                See you all there,
                                Kelly
                                Message 15 of 30 , Dec 5, 2008
                                  Does anyone have a portable grill or something along those lines? We'd
                                  have to keep it around back and out of the way, but the forecast is for
                                  "football tailgating" temperature - good enough...just a thought. In
                                  this case I would bring some burgers and related.
                                  Bill
                                • Mr Ian Primus
                                  Message 16 of 30 , Dec 5, 2008
                                    --- On Fri, 12/5/08, Kelly Leavitt <kelly@...> wrote:

                                    > Is there an official "plan" of any sort for
                                    > tomorrow. I intend to get there around 11AM. I still have to
                                    > load my van tonight and tomorrow. As it stands, I am now
                                    > only bringing 2 Model II computers. BillD and Ragoo's. I
                                    > have more, but I want to spend more time fixing them and
                                    > don't have the room in the van for more.

                                    Ah. :(

                                    > an SX64 for Ian (needs work)

                                    Yay! :)

                                    > up. What about REALLY OLD laser printers?

                                    I'm looking for some LaserJet II/III's.

                                    > Is there anything else hardware wise I need to bring for
                                    > anyone? What about disketts? I was going to bring my
                                    > duplicating machine, but I just have too much in the van
                                    > right now.

                                    I need 8" disks pretty badly. I also am looking for some DSDD 5 1/4" disks. I did need DSDD 3 1/2" disks, but I managed to find a supplier of new ones and stocked up. I bought a bunch of extras, so I'll be bringing those to peddle/trade. I'll bring along a PC/Clone with an 8" disk drive, it should be able to back up Model II disks. Mine's not too heavy (partially because I don't have a case for the 8" drive). I could use system disks for my Model 12 (which _nearly_ works).

                                    > What about foodstuff or drinks? I haven't made
                                    > anything, but I could stop and pick up something to nosh on.
                                    > Any suggestions from the masses?

                                    Mmmm. Food... I would assume that we will probably order pizza, but you can't have a geek party without traditional geek foods. Like Doritos, Mountain Dew, etc. I'll bring an extra cooler, but since it's a pretty long drive, I don't think that ice will survive. I'm planning on picking that up locally.

                                    -Ian
                                  • Bob Grieb
                                    Message 17 of 30 , Dec 5, 2008
                                      Kelly,

                                        Just so you know, the Ragoo Man isn't coming tomorrow.
                                      He has to work.

                                          Bob Grieb

                                      Message 18 of 30 , Dec 5, 2008
                                        BillD is holding the model II for him.

                                        Message 19 of 30 , Dec 5, 2008
                                          I have one. So get some red meat.

                                          Sridhar, is there anything we can get for you?

                                          Message 20 of 30 , Dec 5, 2008
                                            Evan Koblentz wrote:
                                            > I have one. So get some red meat.
                                            >
                                            > Sridhar, is there anything we can get for you?

                                            OK.

                                            Vegecabobs?
                                          • Sridhar Ayengar
                                            Message 21 of 30 , Dec 5, 2008
                                              B Degnan wrote:
                                              > Evan Koblentz wrote:
                                              >> I have one. So get some red meat.
                                              >>
                                              >> Sridhar, is there anything we can get for you?
                                              >>

                                              > OK.
                                              >
                                              > Vegecabobs?

                                              As long as the grill is cleaned before they're cooked. Also, I'm
                                              allergic to bell peppers.

                                              Peace... Sridhar
                                              Message 22 of 30 , Dec 5, 2008
                                                I'll try to clean it before packing it.

                                                But you'll have to bring whatever you intend to cook.

                                                Message 23 of 30 , Dec 5, 2008
                                                  Evan Koblentz wrote:
                                                  > I'll try to clean it before packing it.
                                                  >
                                                  > But you'll have to bring whatever you intend to cook.

                                                  Maybe I'll just get some takeout.

                                                  Peace... Sridhar
                                                  Message 24 of 30 , Dec 5, 2008
                                                    >> Maybe I'll just get some takeout.

                                                    Well, I didn't mean it as, "Screw you, meat hater, fend for yourself!" ... I
                                                    just want you to have whatever food makes you happy. :)
                                                  • Sridhar Ayengar
                                                    Message 25 of 30 , Dec 5, 2008
                                                      Evan Koblentz wrote:
                                                      >>> Maybe I'll just get some takeout.
                                                      >
                                                      > Well, I didn't mean it as, "Screw you, meat hater, fend for yourself!" ... I
                                                      > just want you to have whatever food makes you happy. :)

                                                      Oh that's fine, it's just that I don't want everyone to have a lot of
                                                      extra work or go through all that bother just for me.

                                                      Peace... Sridhar
                                                      Message 26 of 30 , Dec 5, 2008
                                                        >>> Oh that's fine, it's just that I don't want everyone to have a lot of
                                                        extra work or go through all that bother just for me.

                                                        What extra work? I should clean the grill anyhow.
                                                      • Sridhar Ayengar
                                                        Message 27 of 30 , Dec 5, 2008
                                                          Evan Koblentz wrote:
                                                          > extra work or go through all that bother just for me.
                                                          >
                                                          > What extra work? I should clean the grill anyhow.

                                                          But my vegetables would have to go on the grill before anyone's meat, or
                                                          the grill would have to be cleaned again. It's just better if I pick
                                                          something up.

                                                          Peace... Sridhar