My Model I TRS-80...

  • Al Hartman
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 11, 2013
      I set up the Model I keyboard I bought at the M.A.R.C.H. Swapmeet last weekend with my old Model I monitor and expansion interface.

      It doesn't see the RAM in the E/I, which is the problem my old Model I had. I didn't even try to attach a disk drive to it.

      My Model I screen is fading. Not sure if it is the tube, or the electronics. The other screen I bought at M.A.R.C.H. works much better.

      I do still have an LNW-80 Model I in my office. I guess a future project is to clear all the space around it to set it up properly. It's going to take a lot of clearing...

      My Model I is going to need major work to get it working again. I’d like to get it running again, because it was my first system, and it was pretty nifty when running.

      Al

      P.S.: In researching buying another expansion Interface, I came across www.trs-80.org which has a lot of good information on it. I must have first come across it years ago, because I commented on some of the articles.

      I wish I had bought one of these when it was still available: http://www.trs-80.org/norcom-tc-iii/  I think there was one in that lot in Baltimore. I’m hoping somehow it comes my way, or I find another. I wish I knew how to contact the person who made this. Maybe they still have a blank board, or a working unit kicking around.