Re: [midatlanticretro] Kaypro 1 operating system???

  • M. Frank
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 28, 2006
      I'm not sure if your questions were answered but I'm sure I have a Kaypro 1 boot diskette, send me your address separately and I will send you one,  Mike

      keycat02 <keycat02@...> wrote:
      Hello Retroids.  I've recently acquired a Kaypro 1 computer with no
      software.  I also have a Kaypro 2 that has most of its software
      including CP/M, and so thought that the Kaypro 1 would be able to boot
      and run the same software.  When I insert a bootable disk in the
      Kaypro 1, however, I get the message "No operating system present on
      this disk".  I first thought it might be a bad floppy drive in the
      Kaypro 1, so I transplanted the A drive to the Kaypro 2 and found it
      worked just fine.  Is it possible that the Kaypro 1 has a specific
      version of CP/M?  Does anybody have a copy?  Alternately, does this
      suggest a problem with the disk controller in the Kaypro 1?  Thanks
      for any help.  John Reeve

    • Mike Loewen
      Message 2 of 17 , May 2 11:41 AM
        For us GPS geeks, how about jotting down the Lat/Long the next time
        you're at Infoage? :-)

        Mike Loewen mloewen@...
        Message 3 of 17 , May 2 11:44 AM
          Who, me?

              For us GPS geeks, how about jotting down the Lat/Long the next time
          you're at Infoage?  :-)

          Mike Loewen                        mloewen@...
          Old Technology      http://ripsaw.cac.psu.edu/~mloewen/Oldtech/
        • Bryan Pope
          Message 4 of 17 , May 2 11:48 AM
            Evan Koblentz wrote:
            Who, me?

            You *do* have a GPS unit... :)

            Cheers,

            Bryan

            Message 5 of 17 , May 2 12:01 PM
              Okay here you go:

              lat: 40.187894   /    40:11:16.418N
              lon: -074.060017   /   74:03:36.061W

              InfoAge is at 2201 Marconi Rd. in Wall, N.J. -- the software I just used to find the coordinates only located 2229 Marconi Rd. -- which I suppose is right down the street, probably one of those houses or the Little League field or something.

              Message 6 of 17 , May 2 12:17 PM
                On Tue, 2 May 2006, Evan Koblentz wrote:

                > Who, me?

                Are you a GPS geek? :-) Yah, I should have said.

                Mike Loewen mloewen@...
              • Bryan Pope
                Message 7 of 17 , May 2 12:19 PM
                  Evan Koblentz wrote:
                  Okay here you go:

                  lat: 40.187894   /    40:11:16.418N
                  lon: -074.060017   /   74:03:36.061W

                  InfoAge is at 2201 Marconi Rd. in Wall, N.J. -- the software I just used to find the coordinates only located 2229 Marconi Rd. -- which I suppose is right down the street, probably one of those houses or the Little League field or something.

                  http://www.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=2201+Marconi+Rd,+Belmar,+NJ+07719&ll=40.185537,-74.059803&spn=0.003783,0.008465&t=k&om=1

                  What looks like a beigey orangey building in the middle is where you want to go...  (Actually the roof is a reddish half-pipe tile)  The parking lot is that big long space just above that building.

                  Cheers,

                  Bryan

                  Message 8 of 17 , May 2 12:22 PM
                    Well I wouldn't call myself a GPS geek.  I happen to have the TomTom software on my Treo linked to a Bluetooth antenna which goes on my dashboard, but it's just another tool.  I'm not "into" GPS.

                    Message 9 of 17 , May 2 12:48 PM
                      I should have the actual coords at home in my eTrex.

                      I imagine you can get close enough by entering the InfoAge address
                      into any of the free online geocode services.

                      Andy
                      Message 10 of 17 , May 2 12:54 PM
                        Right.  I used the "EZ-Locate Interactive" program at geocode.com.

                        Message 11 of 17 , May 2 1:04 PM
                          Here's the one I jotted down when there last.
                          N 40 11.200 W 74 03.583
                          Evan's is about 400 feet away, not far.

                          John A.
                        • Bryan Pope
                          Message 12 of 17 , May 2 1:30 PM
                            Evan Koblentz wrote:
                            Well I wouldn't call myself a GPS geek.  I happen to have the TomTom software on my Treo linked to a Bluetooth antenna which goes on my dashboard, but it's just another tool.  I'm not "into" GPS.
                            Evan is more of a Miata geek...  ;)

                            Cheers,

                            Bryan