Re: [midatlanticretro] Hold the phone -- big move delayed!

  • Bob Schwier
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 8, 2013

      We're starting Sunday, not tomorrow.

      Jeff G.: Can you still be there at 10am, albeit Sunday?

      Jeff B.: Disregard the phone chat we had 10 minutes ago.
      :)

      You need a lot of people but what are the details of the move? Is this purely within the museum
      or from or to some other geographic point?
      bs
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 8, 2013
        >> Is this purely within the museum

        Yes. We are moving our club's 3,000 square feet of storage from one giant room to a different giant room that's about 100 meters down the hall. The good news is that it's pretty much all already on mobile carts and/or pallets and/or wheels. There is virtually no lifting involved .... But there's a whole insane amount of pushing and pulling to do.
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 8, 2013
          Situation keeps, umm, "evolving". We should get the bulk of this done Sunday -- that's the major goal.

          However I will also be around Wednesday (probably in the afternoon; TBD) and all of Thursday.
        • Jeff Galinat
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 9, 2013
            On 8/8/2013 9:59 PM, Evan Koblentz wrote:

            We're starting Sunday, not tomorrow.

            Jeff G.: Can you still be there at 10am, albeit Sunday?

            Jeff B.: Disregard the phone chat we had 10 minutes ago. :)

            Hi Evan,
              Sorry, I have plans on Sunday involving other people but I should be able to help next Wednesday/Thursday if needed.
            Regards,
            Jeff Galinat