Hold the phone -- big move delayed!

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 8, 2013
      We're starting Sunday, not tomorrow.

      Jeff G.: Can you still be there at 10am, albeit Sunday?

      Jeff B.: Disregard the phone chat we had 10 minutes ago. :)
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 8, 2013
        >> We're starting Sunday, not tomorrow.

        And ... as such I need to beg you guys to help me assemble an army of helpers. I'm frustrated about the short notice of this, but I can't do much about it.
      • Bob Schwier
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 8, 2013

          We're starting Sunday, not tomorrow.

          Jeff G.: Can you still be there at 10am, albeit Sunday?

          Jeff B.: Disregard the phone chat we had 10 minutes ago.
          :)

          You need a lot of people but what are the details of the move? Is this purely within the museum
          or from or to some other geographic point?
          bs
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 8, 2013
            >> Is this purely within the museum

            Yes. We are moving our club's 3,000 square feet of storage from one giant room to a different giant room that's about 100 meters down the hall. The good news is that it's pretty much all already on mobile carts and/or pallets and/or wheels. There is virtually no lifting involved .... But there's a whole insane amount of pushing and pulling to do.
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 8, 2013
              Situation keeps, umm, "evolving". We should get the bulk of this done Sunday -- that's the major goal.

              However I will also be around Wednesday (probably in the afternoon; TBD) and all of Thursday.
            • Jeff Galinat
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 9, 2013
                On 8/8/2013 9:59 PM, Evan Koblentz wrote:

                We're starting Sunday, not tomorrow.

                Jeff G.: Can you still be there at 10am, albeit Sunday?

                Jeff B.: Disregard the phone chat we had 10 minutes ago. :)

                Hi Evan,
                  Sorry, I have plans on Sunday involving other people but I should be able to help next Wednesday/Thursday if needed.
                Regards,
                Jeff Galinat