Museum Report Aug 7th 2013
- So we had about 4 sets of visitors who I gave the tour to. There was a grandfather and his grandson (around 9 or 10), An retired gentlemen who served in the military, one family and a grandfather and teenage granddaughter.
As for Museum "work", I found a replacement NOS Apple Keyboard encoder board in our spare parts and replaced the encoder in the Apple-1 exhibit, hopefully that prevents the random characters that appear after the machine is on for a while. This suddenly started occuring and has been an annoying issue that I have been troublshooting so I'm pretty sure it's not a cold solder joint becuase the system worked over a year fine. We did replace the encoder before, but that one went completely dead after a few weeks, but the problem did go away till it died.
On the Altair front, I found a ByteSaver rom card that I will get running so we can preload some demo's on the Altair that can be easily run (i.e. Dompier's Fool on the hill and Daisy program, kill the bit and some fun blinky light stuff) I'll test this card and get it running and program a rom before next wednesday. This is a temporary solution till "System Glitch" fixes MARCH's 1702a ROM card for the Altair. Evan wants the system typical of 1975, not setup as it originally was to run PT software when MARCH got it. Most of the cards were removed a few months back to obtain this goal.
Next up we also need to locate a date correct 1975 AM radio with a plug to keep next to the altair.
I ran out of time and didn't get a chance to test the memory on the Mark-8
Well that about sums it up....