Re: [midatlanticretro] Mark 8 Video

    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 5, 2013
      > This is just a temporary version, I am going to replace the audio with a
      > brief description about how to test RAM memory on a Mark 8.

      Good idea!

      I recall that some parts of the chassis and bus were loose. Did you guys
      tighten things up inside of it?
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 5, 2013
        > > This is just a temporary version, I am going to replace the audio with
        > > brief description about how to test RAM memory on a Mark 8.
        >
        > Good idea!
        >
        > I recall that some parts of the chassis and bus were loose. Did you guys

        > tighten things up inside of it?

        No need to tighten, they're loose by design. Please keep it covered
        though, until Corey finishes the cover. It works (so far), let's keep it
        that way.

        bd
      • corey986
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 5, 2013
          Well now that it works, I guess I'll start measuring for the cover next time I'm in the museum.

          Cheers,
          Corey

          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 5, 2013
            I'd like to come up soon to input a program and attach a teletype to the
            Mark 8. See how far we can go. I have all of the manuals.
            Bill

            > Well now that it works, I guess I'll start measuring for the cover next
            time I'm in the museum.

            > Cheers,
            > Corey
            >
            > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "B. Degnan" <billdeg@...>

          • s100doctor
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 6, 2013

              > www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv3ZmvKFGLI

              Very funny, covers lots of collecting circumstances. Um, a view of the back and sides would be nice to add, when you update the video. This is a nice machine.

              herb
            • corey986
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 6, 2013
                If it makes it easier, I can leave my current loop capable TI Silent 743 at MARCH. The ASR-33 we have there if I recall is converted to rs232.

                This way you don't have to lug your ASR there...

                Cheers,
                Corey

                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 6, 2013
                  Thanks Corey.

                  I have a Hazletine terminal with current loop I could use as well.
                  Ultimately I'd like to store a program so it can be re-used and I'd be
                  willing to bring the teletype just for the authenticity-sake privilege of
                  using a Mark 8 with teletype.