RE: [midatlanticretro] OT: For Bill Degnan.. Throng of Theremin Players Performs

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 5, 2013
      -------- Original Message --------

      The reason I say it's not a real theremin chorus is the accuracy of the notes. I have very good pitch, I can tell an A from an 'off' A, they were ALL correct. The best theremin players (Clara Blackmore, etc.) don't hit notes with such accuracy. There is no way that so many people would have been able to hit these notes without any visible volume control. All that said, they can prove me wrong and I'd be quite impressed.

      bd
    • Tony
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 5, 2013

        Actually, the pitch accuracy is what led me to conclude that it wasn't fake. I don't lay claim to having perfect pitch, but I do have a very good ear. The high note, for instance, at 2:05 did not seem to me to be correctly hit by the entire group.

        Could be fake though, I suppose.

        It did make for some interesting listening this morning!

        -- Tony