Workshop

  • Mike Loewen
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 4, 2013
      Ok boys, spill it - who has new toys?

      Mike Loewen mloewen@...
    • Jeffrey Brace
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 4, 2013
        From: Mike Loewen
        Sent: Sunday, August 04, 2013 10:08 PM

        >Ok boys, spill it - who has new toys?

        Well I got Macintosh stuff:
        Quadra 9500
        Power Mac 8500
        Mac IIfx (It was hiding inside a plain Mac II case)
        Mac Color Monitor 16"

        Jeff3 Brace
      • Evan Koblentz
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 4, 2013
          >> Ok boys, spill it - who has new toys?I'll be home in about 30-45 minutes and will send a report from the club perspective.
        • orion3311
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 7, 2015
            Guys, I have nothing in particular to work on so if March needs help with something or if theres something I can bring let me know. Really just figured Id come hang out and provide moral support and maybe learn something.

            Anyone need funky test gear that would help with your project?
          • Jeffrey Brace
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 7, 2015
              Funky? I need a PetVet.
              Non-funky? I need a good multi-meter.

              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 7, 2015
                WOW Yahoo groups sucks..I tried to post a new thread and instead it appended my post to this one from 2013. Sorry for the confusion.
                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 7, 2015
                  >> Guys, I have nothing in particular to work on so if March needs help with something

                  Several MARCH systems need TLC. We'll find one for you when you get here.
                • orion3311
                  Message 8 of 12 , Feb 7, 2015
                    If its dead and you think bad ram, etc., I'll bring some toys to fix, including a good Fluke multimeter. If you can print or bookmark a memory map.
                  • Jeffrey Brace
                    Message 9 of 12 , Feb 7, 2015
                      And a logic probe if you have one. I'm working on the MARCH PET and my PETs at the same time.

                      On Feb 7, 2015, at 11:18 AM, jeffg@... [midatlanticretro] <midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                      If its dead and you think bad ram, etc., I'll bring some toys to fix, including a good Fluke multimeter. If you can print or bookmark a memory map.

                    • Dean Notarnicola

                        Message 11 of 12 , Feb 8, 2015
                          Jeff - FYI, your original PET that we were working on only has 1k of video memory, which explains the decode error after 83FF. Its perfectly normal and I'd say you likely have a bad rom on that one.

                          Commodore PET Programming Model

                        • Steven Toth
                          Message 12 of 12 , Jun 14, 2015
                            A fun day for sure. I met quite a few people, hopefully made some new friends, saw some interesting hardware and helped one or two people along.... Either with a mix of direct hands on or generating random observations.

                            My highlights of the day, a) watching Todd in action b) helping Doug debug a pair of HealthKit cup boards c) discussing/digging into some power supply related stuff. D) taking an informal tour of the warehouse. Jeez, the warehouse inventory, no doubt we'd all be thrilled to bring some of that back into life. Some awesome stuff on those shelves.

                            As my first trip to the workshop it couldn't have gone better.

                            Next time, I'd schedule both days onsite. I'd hotel/camp locally. I'd bring more h/w and tools, more snacks. I'd bring a coffee machine, to help with post-6pm debugging.

                            What I wouldn't do again, is stay until 11.30pm then drive back to Long Island. I didn't get home til past 3am, and the drive was sketchy. I'm not sure how I made it home safely. Bad call on my part.

                            Good luck to everyone on Sunday.

                            I'm looking forward to the next workshop already, I can't wait

                            - Steve
                            kernellabs.com

                            Sent from Outlook