Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Huge lot(s) of stuff for sale @ Aug. 3-4 workshop

  • David Riley
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 3, 2013
      On Aug 3, 2013, at 10:18 PM, Al Hartman wrote:

      > There's lots of equipment still there, and it would be great if it would
      > move. Lots of Apple II equipment, some Kaypros I saw, some Compaq and IBM
      > machines, books and software, and all sorts of odds and ends.

      LOADS of old Macs, too. Pretty much everything from early IIs (including an original Mac II and a IIx) up through late OldWorld PPC models (there's an 8600/300 here). Quite a few of the more interesting models, like the IIci.

      Also lots of fun for all!

      - Dave
    • corey986
      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 4, 2013
        So you don't feel bad about missing buying the silent 700...

        I bought it for spare parts. It is a later model silent with RS232 only, no current loop and can only do 300 baud. Also parity can't be disabled. I already have one of the silent 700 series than can do 110/300 baud and rs232/current loop which makes when combined with a current loop tape reader/punch (which I have) a great replacement for a teletype, this one I got yesterday isn't as useful except for the print head and gears to keep my better one running.

        Cheers,
        Corey