Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: TK70 Tape Drive

    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 3, 2013
      On 08/03/2013 01:48 PM, jack99rubin wrote:
      >> For what purpose. I may have a TX87/TZ89 or three here. They'll
      >> do 50s/70s as well as DECtape IIIs and IVs.
      >
      > Any idea if either of these would be recognized by a TK70 controller
      > under RT-11? Or if there is a TZ/TX Qbus controller?

      TZ drives are SCSI..

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
      New Kensington, PA
    • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 4, 2013
        "jack99rubin" <j@...> writes:

        >> For what purpose. I may have a TX87/TZ89 or three here. They'll do 50s/=
        >70s
        >> as well as DECtape IIIs and IVs.
        >>=20
        >
        >Any idea if either of these would be recognized by a TK70 controller under =
        >RT-11? Or if there is a TZ/TX Qbus controller?

        That was a typo on my part -- TZ87 and TZ89. The Z designated that it was
        SCSI. There were numerous third-party Qbus SCSI controllers but whether or
        not there are drivers to support these under RT-11 is anybody's guess but
        mine.