Re: [midatlanticretro] TK70 Tape Drive

    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 3, 2013
      On 08/03/2013 08:18 AM, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:
      > I won't be there this weekend, however. I'm off to an all day concert today
      > for my birthday and then packing up and getting ready to trek to a client in
      > the Williamsport/State College, PA area Monday for the week.

      Happy birthday!

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
      New Kensington, PA
    • jack99rubin
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 3, 2013
        > For what purpose. I may have a TX87/TZ89 or three here. They'll do 50s/70s
        > as well as DECtape IIIs and IVs.

        Any idea if either of these would be recognized by a TK70 controller under RT-11? Or if there is a TZ/TX Qbus controller?

        Thanks,
        Jack
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 3, 2013
          On 08/03/2013 01:48 PM, jack99rubin wrote:
          >> For what purpose. I may have a TX87/TZ89 or three here. They'll
          >> do 50s/70s as well as DECtape IIIs and IVs.
          >
          > Any idea if either of these would be recognized by a TK70 controller
          > under RT-11? Or if there is a TZ/TX Qbus controller?

          TZ drives are SCSI..

          Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
          New Kensington, PA
        • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 4, 2013
            "jack99rubin" <j@...> writes:

            >> For what purpose. I may have a TX87/TZ89 or three here. They'll do 50s/=
            >70s
            >> as well as DECtape IIIs and IVs.
            >>=20
            >
            >Any idea if either of these would be recognized by a TK70 controller under =
            >RT-11? Or if there is a TZ/TX Qbus controller?

            That was a typo on my part -- TZ87 and TZ89. The Z designated that it was
            SCSI. There were numerous third-party Qbus SCSI controllers but whether or
            not there are drivers to support these under RT-11 is anybody's guess but
            mine.