Datanetics keyswitches?

  • Mr Ian Primus
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2013
      Anyone have a spare Datanetics keyswitch or three? I might need a couple this weekend if I can't salvage what I have. Also, I'd like to find a Datanetics caps-lock keyswitch - the one I have is broken, stuck on, and won't cycle any more. A little piece of plastic broke out of it, so I don't think it's salvageable.

      -Ian
    • corey986
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 2, 2013
        For the switches that are intact, try flooding them with ISP, and then using deoxit. I have found removing them from the actual keyboard and actuating them up and down after flooding with a needle nose pliers a bunch of times and then the same with the deoxit will recover any switch that isn't mechanically broken.

        Cheers,
        Corey

        > Anyone have a spare Datanetics keyswitch or three? I might need a couple this weekend if I can't salvage what I have. Also, I'd like to find a Datanetics caps-lock keyswitch - the one I have is broken, stuck on, and won't cycle any more. A little piece of plastic broke out of it, so I don't think it's salvageable.
        >
        > -Ian

      • corey986
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 2, 2013
          I also forgot to mention, I won't be there this weekend for most of the time, but will stop in on Saturday afternoon to give you some s100 prototype boards to give to Glitch (johnathan)
          Cheers,
          Corey