Re: [midatlanticretro] Xerox 860 -- what CPU?

  • Jeffrey Brace
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 27, 2013
      From: Evan Koblentz
      Sent: Sunday, July 28, 2013 12:21 AM

      >Anyone know what processor is inside the Xerox 860? Believe it or not, I
      >need to know urgently (for a poster I'm making at the museum tomorrow.)

      Open it up and look inside! ;)
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 28, 2013
        Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:
        >Anyone know what processor is inside the Xerox 860? Believe it or not,
        >need to know urgently (for a poster I'm making at the museum tomorrow.)

        Probably not a single micro processor chip is my guess
        --
        Sent from my PDP 8/e.
      • Martin A Flynn
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 28, 2013
          Xerox 860 IPS is an 8085 Intel Processor.

          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 28, 2013
            >> Xerox 860 IPS is an 8085 Intel Processor.

            Have an official source of that?
          • Martin A Flynn
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 28, 2013
              On 7/28/2013 9:19 AM, Evan Koblentz wrote:
              Xerox 860 IPS is an 8085 Intel Processor.

              Have an official source of that?

              No - memory from having one at a previous employer, however, Google seems to agree with the remaining brain cells: