Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Huge lot(s) of stuff for sale @ Aug. 3-4 workshop

    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 27, 2013
      >> There are many times when I wanted to ring his neck ... but in the end everything works out well.

      I'll try to see the positive in those remarks! :)

      For the VCF, everyone knows that I spend six months or more, planning the snot out of every detail. But the workshops are the anti-VCF. The goal is for everyone to collaboratively repair computers, do some buying-selling-trading, and (most important of all) have fun.

      I'm looking forward to seeing everyone next weekend. Yes, even you Herb.

      Good night all.
    • Al Hartman
      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 3, 2013
        A good time was had by all today. It was great to put faces to names from
        the list.

        I scored a TRS-80 Model 4D which seems to be working, and which I'm going to
        upgrade to 128k.

        A TRS-80 Model III which is not working, and has one floppy drive with a
        broken, but repairable latch. My friend Tom and I will try to fix it.

        And, a TRS-80 Model I 16k Level II Keyboard unit w/display to replace mine
        which is in need of serious repair. This unit works great but has keybounce,
        so I either have to replace the keyboard or clean the existing keyboard.

        There's lots of equipment still there, and it would be great if it would
        move. Lots of Apple II equipment, some Kaypros I saw, some Compaq and IBM
        machines, books and software, and all sorts of odds and ends.

        Jeff Brace has been great helping me with Commodore 64 matters, and now that
        I have a working Model 4D, I'd like to assist anyone in the group with
        TRS-80 things. If you're looking for boot disks for any model of TRS-80
        (Model I/III/4) I may have them, and would be willing to duplicate them for
        you at no charge. You send me blank disks and a pre-paid addressed return
        envelope, and I'll make copies, test them and send them out to you.

        I don't want TRS-80 software to disappear.

        I'm going to be going through my TRS-80 collection and try to catalog what I
        have. If you're looking for something, ask -- and I'll see if I have it. At
        some point I'll figure out how to make disk images of my collection and
        archive them on Hard disk or DVD.

        Lots of fun to come.

        Al Hartman
      • David Riley
        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 3, 2013
          On Aug 3, 2013, at 10:18 PM, Al Hartman wrote:

          > There's lots of equipment still there, and it would be great if it would
          > move. Lots of Apple II equipment, some Kaypros I saw, some Compaq and IBM
          > machines, books and software, and all sorts of odds and ends.

          LOADS of old Macs, too. Pretty much everything from early IIs (including an original Mac II and a IIx) up through late OldWorld PPC models (there's an 8600/300 here). Quite a few of the more interesting models, like the IIci.

          Also lots of fun for all!

          - Dave
        • corey986
          Message 4 of 17 , Aug 4, 2013
            So you don't feel bad about missing buying the silent 700...

            I bought it for spare parts. It is a later model silent with RS232 only, no current loop and can only do 300 baud. Also parity can't be disabled. I already have one of the silent 700 series than can do 110/300 baud and rs232/current loop which makes when combined with a current loop tape reader/punch (which I have) a great replacement for a teletype, this one I got yesterday isn't as useful except for the print head and gears to keep my better one running.

            Cheers,
            Corey