Re: [midatlanticretro] Xerox 860 -- what CPU?

  • David Keith
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 27 9:38 PM
      I know the XEROX Star used the AMD2900 bit slice design, but not sure about the Xerox 860

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMD_Am2900
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xerox_Star

      Anyone know what processor is inside the Xerox 860? Believe it or not, I
      need to know urgently (for a poster I'm making at the museum tomorrow.)

    • Jeffrey Brace
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 27 10:18 PM
        >Anyone know what processor is inside the Xerox 860? Believe it or not, I
        >need to know urgently (for a poster I'm making at the museum tomorrow.)

        Open it up and look inside! ;)
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 28 6:10 AM
          Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:
          >Anyone know what processor is inside the Xerox 860? Believe it or not,
          >need to know urgently (for a poster I'm making at the museum tomorrow.)

          Probably not a single micro processor chip is my guess
          --
          Sent from my PDP 8/e.
        • Martin A Flynn
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 28 6:15 AM
            Xerox 860 IPS is an 8085 Intel Processor.

            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 28 6:19 AM
              >> Xerox 860 IPS is an 8085 Intel Processor.

              Have an official source of that?
            • Martin A Flynn
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 28 6:46 AM
                On 7/28/2013 9:19 AM, Evan Koblentz wrote:
                Xerox 860 IPS is an 8085 Intel Processor.

                Have an official source of that?

                No - memory from having one at a previous employer, however, Google seems to agree with the remaining brain cells: