Xerox 860 -- what CPU?

    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 27, 2013
      Anyone know what processor is inside the Xerox 860? Believe it or not, I
      need to know urgently (for a poster I'm making at the museum tomorrow.)
    • David Keith
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 27, 2013
        I know the XEROX Star used the AMD2900 bit slice design, but not sure about the Xerox 860

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMD_Am2900
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xerox_Star

        Anyone know what processor is inside the Xerox 860? Believe it or not, I
        need to know urgently (for a poster I'm making at the museum tomorrow.)

      • Jeffrey Brace
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 27, 2013
          >Anyone know what processor is inside the Xerox 860? Believe it or not, I
          >need to know urgently (for a poster I'm making at the museum tomorrow.)

          Open it up and look inside! ;)
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 28, 2013
            Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:
            >Anyone know what processor is inside the Xerox 860? Believe it or not,
            >need to know urgently (for a poster I'm making at the museum tomorrow.)

            Probably not a single micro processor chip is my guess
            --
            Sent from my PDP 8/e.
          • Martin A Flynn
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 28, 2013
              Xerox 860 IPS is an 8085 Intel Processor.

              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 28, 2013
                >> Xerox 860 IPS is an 8085 Intel Processor.

                Have an official source of that?
              • Martin A Flynn
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 28, 2013
                  On 7/28/2013 9:19 AM, Evan Koblentz wrote:
                  Xerox 860 IPS is an 8085 Intel Processor.

                  Have an official source of that?

                  No - memory from having one at a previous employer, however, Google seems to agree with the remaining brain cells: