Re: [midatlanticretro] Wow !! Where did this come from ??

  • Ray Sills
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 27, 2013
      On Jul 27, 2013, at 2:20 PM, Bill Sudbrink wrote:

      > Dave McGuire wrote:
      >> Sent: Friday, July 26, 2013 11:14 PM
      >> To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      >> Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] Wow !! Where did this come from ??

      >> visit the museum.
      >>>
      >>> We have several club members in MD/VA who visit a few times per
      >>> year.
      >> Perhaps you could share a ride one day. It's only, what, 3 or 3.5
      >> hours?
      >>
      >> Should be about 3, and not a tough drive at all unless he hits
      >> traffic on 95 between DC and Baltimore, or going through
      >> Philadelphia.
      >
      > Actually, the horror used to be 95 through Delaware, perpetual
      > construction.
      > But the last couple of time I've made the trip they have just about
      > finished.
      >
      > Bill S.

      And coming up from the south, you'd likely want to exit I-95 in North
      Delaware via the Delaware Memorial Bridge to take I-295 north.. using
      it (or the NJTP) to get to I-195 east past the Garden State Parkway,
      where I-195 morphs into route 138. Then a quick mile north on RT 18,
      and you are in the shadow of Info-Age.

      So, you would then avoid I-95's portion that passes through Philly.

      73 de Ray
    • Christopher Blackmon
      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 27, 2013
        One of these years.. I hope to make it up there... but it's kind of a haul from Raleigh  :-)
        Christopher.

        >>> I'm down in VA outside of DC, it would be a very long trip yo visit the museum.

        We have several club members in MD/VA who visit a few times per year. Perhaps you could share a ride one day. It's only, what, 3 or 3.5 hours?

      • David Keith
        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 27, 2013
          Thanks Guys, I will keep that task in virtual storage, and swap it in sometime soon.

          Over last winter, I had an hardware upgrade in two of my peripheral units, they are working well, but there are some supply issues with my drives >2 hours.  Hopefully I will get the supply issues resolved, and will be able to wonder on up there after Thanksgiving to drop into the museum, and then take in a show downtown. :-)

          //SYSIN DD *
          David Keith
          */
          //

          Message 4 of 16 , Jul 27, 2013
            >> Hopefully I ... will be able to wonder on up there after Thanksgiving

            Our club's annual "Festivus" party is usually in early-mid December.

            >> and then take in a show downtown. :-)

            Downtown? Not sure where you mean. There isn't much of one in Wall, NJ.
          • Mike Loewen
            Message 5 of 16 , Jul 27, 2013
              On Sat, 27 Jul 2013, David Keith wrote:

              > //SYSIN DD *
              >
              > David Keith
              > */
              > //

              //EXEC FWCG

              :-)

              Mike Loewen mloewen@...
            • David Keith
              Message 6 of 16 , Jul 27, 2013
                OK the Festivus Party is a date, let me when and I will plan on it.

                Take in a show downtown NYC, and see the tree :-)