RE: [midatlanticretro] Wow !! Where did this come from ??

  • Bill Sudbrink
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 27, 2013
      Dave McGuire wrote:
      > Sent: Friday, July 26, 2013 11:14 PM
      > To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] Wow !! Where did this come from ??

      > visit the museum.
      > >
      > > We have several club members in MD/VA who visit a few times per year.
      > Perhaps you could share a ride one day. It's only, what, 3 or 3.5
      > hours?
      >
      > Should be about 3, and not a tough drive at all unless he hits
      > traffic on 95 between DC and Baltimore, or going through Philadelphia.

      Actually, the horror used to be 95 through Delaware, perpetual construction.
      But the last couple of time I've made the trip they have just about
      finished.

      Bill S.
    • Ray Sills
      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 27, 2013
        On Jul 27, 2013, at 2:20 PM, Bill Sudbrink wrote:

        > Dave McGuire wrote:
        >> Sent: Friday, July 26, 2013 11:14 PM
        >> To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
        >> Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] Wow !! Where did this come from ??

        >> visit the museum.
        >>>
        >>> We have several club members in MD/VA who visit a few times per
        >>> year.
        >> Perhaps you could share a ride one day. It's only, what, 3 or 3.5
        >> hours?
        >>
        >> Should be about 3, and not a tough drive at all unless he hits
        >> traffic on 95 between DC and Baltimore, or going through
        >> Philadelphia.
        >
        > Actually, the horror used to be 95 through Delaware, perpetual
        > construction.
        > But the last couple of time I've made the trip they have just about
        > finished.
        >
        > Bill S.

        And coming up from the south, you'd likely want to exit I-95 in North
        Delaware via the Delaware Memorial Bridge to take I-295 north.. using
        it (or the NJTP) to get to I-195 east past the Garden State Parkway,
        where I-195 morphs into route 138. Then a quick mile north on RT 18,
        and you are in the shadow of Info-Age.

        So, you would then avoid I-95's portion that passes through Philly.

        73 de Ray
      • Christopher Blackmon
        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 27, 2013
          One of these years.. I hope to make it up there... but it's kind of a haul from Raleigh  :-)
          Christopher.

          >>> I'm down in VA outside of DC, it would be a very long trip yo visit the museum.

          We have several club members in MD/VA who visit a few times per year. Perhaps you could share a ride one day. It's only, what, 3 or 3.5 hours?

        • David Keith
          Message 4 of 16 , Jul 27, 2013
            Thanks Guys, I will keep that task in virtual storage, and swap it in sometime soon.

            Over last winter, I had an hardware upgrade in two of my peripheral units, they are working well, but there are some supply issues with my drives >2 hours.  Hopefully I will get the supply issues resolved, and will be able to wonder on up there after Thanksgiving to drop into the museum, and then take in a show downtown. :-)

            //SYSIN DD *
            David Keith
            */
            //

            Message 5 of 16 , Jul 27, 2013
              >> Hopefully I ... will be able to wonder on up there after Thanksgiving

              Our club's annual "Festivus" party is usually in early-mid December.

              >> and then take in a show downtown. :-)

              Downtown? Not sure where you mean. There isn't much of one in Wall, NJ.
            • Mike Loewen
              Message 6 of 16 , Jul 27, 2013
                On Sat, 27 Jul 2013, David Keith wrote:

                > //SYSIN DD *
                >
                > David Keith
                > */
                > //

                //EXEC FWCG

                :-)

                Mike Loewen mloewen@...
              • David Keith
                Message 7 of 16 , Jul 27, 2013
                  OK the Festivus Party is a date, let me when and I will plan on it.

                  Take in a show downtown NYC, and see the tree :-)