Re: [midatlanticretro] Wow !! Where did this come from ??

    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 26, 2013
      >> Although, hmmm don't you have an ENIAC half adder also in the collection?

      No. Someone donated what they thought was an ENIAC module, but it's not. I know this because the module is labeled Engineering Research Associates. Remington bought ERA, then bought UNIVAC, and then merged ERA into UNIVAC. So at best the module is from an early UNIVAC; at worst it's from a rather non-important ERA machine. Still cool, though!
      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 26, 2013
        On 07/26/2013 10:26 PM, David Keith wrote:
        > I'm down in VA outside of DC, it would be a very long trip yo visit the
        > museum.

        Heh. Lightweight. ;)

        But seriously, the museum is worth the trip.

        Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 26, 2013
          >>> I'm down in VA outside of DC, it would be a very long trip yo visit the museum.

          We have several club members in MD/VA who visit a few times per year. Perhaps you could share a ride one day. It's only, what, 3 or 3.5 hours?
          Message 4 of 16 , Jul 26, 2013
            On 07/26/2013 11:12 PM, Evan Koblentz wrote:

            > We have several club members in MD/VA who visit a few times per year. Perhaps you could share a ride one day. It's only, what, 3 or 3.5 hours?

            Should be about 3, and not a tough drive at all unless he hits
            traffic on 95 between DC and Baltimore, or going through Philadelphia.

            Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
            New Kensington, PA
          • Bill Sudbrink
            Message 5 of 16 , Jul 27, 2013
              Dave McGuire wrote:
              > Sent: Friday, July 26, 2013 11:14 PM
              > To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
              > Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] Wow !! Where did this come from ??

              > visit the museum.
              > >
              > > We have several club members in MD/VA who visit a few times per year.
              > Perhaps you could share a ride one day. It's only, what, 3 or 3.5
              > hours?
              >
              > Should be about 3, and not a tough drive at all unless he hits
              > traffic on 95 between DC and Baltimore, or going through Philadelphia.

              Actually, the horror used to be 95 through Delaware, perpetual construction.
              But the last couple of time I've made the trip they have just about
              finished.

              Bill S.
            • Ray Sills
              Message 6 of 16 , Jul 27, 2013
                On Jul 27, 2013, at 2:20 PM, Bill Sudbrink wrote:

                > Dave McGuire wrote:
                >> Sent: Friday, July 26, 2013 11:14 PM
                >> To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
                >> Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] Wow !! Where did this come from ??

                >> visit the museum.
                >>>
                >>> We have several club members in MD/VA who visit a few times per
                >>> year.
                >> Perhaps you could share a ride one day. It's only, what, 3 or 3.5
                >> hours?
                >>
                >> Should be about 3, and not a tough drive at all unless he hits
                >> traffic on 95 between DC and Baltimore, or going through
                >> Philadelphia.
                >
                > Actually, the horror used to be 95 through Delaware, perpetual
                > construction.
                > But the last couple of time I've made the trip they have just about
                > finished.
                >
                > Bill S.

                And coming up from the south, you'd likely want to exit I-95 in North
                Delaware via the Delaware Memorial Bridge to take I-295 north.. using
                it (or the NJTP) to get to I-195 east past the Garden State Parkway,
                where I-195 morphs into route 138. Then a quick mile north on RT 18,
                and you are in the shadow of Info-Age.

                So, you would then avoid I-95's portion that passes through Philly.

                73 de Ray
              • Christopher Blackmon
                Message 7 of 16 , Jul 27, 2013
                  One of these years.. I hope to make it up there... but it's kind of a haul from Raleigh  :-)
                  Christopher.

                  >>> I'm down in VA outside of DC, it would be a very long trip yo visit the museum.

                  We have several club members in MD/VA who visit a few times per year. Perhaps you could share a ride one day. It's only, what, 3 or 3.5 hours?

                • David Keith
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jul 27, 2013
                    Thanks Guys, I will keep that task in virtual storage, and swap it in sometime soon.

                    Over last winter, I had an hardware upgrade in two of my peripheral units, they are working well, but there are some supply issues with my drives >2 hours.  Hopefully I will get the supply issues resolved, and will be able to wonder on up there after Thanksgiving to drop into the museum, and then take in a show downtown. :-)

                    //SYSIN DD *
                    David Keith
                    */
                    //

                    Message 9 of 16 , Jul 27, 2013
                      >> Hopefully I ... will be able to wonder on up there after Thanksgiving

                      Our club's annual "Festivus" party is usually in early-mid December.

                      >> and then take in a show downtown. :-)

                      Downtown? Not sure where you mean. There isn't much of one in Wall, NJ.
                    • Mike Loewen
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jul 27, 2013
                        On Sat, 27 Jul 2013, David Keith wrote:

                        > //SYSIN DD *
                        >
                        > David Keith
                        > */
                        > //

                        //EXEC FWCG

                        :-)

                        Mike Loewen mloewen@...
                      • David Keith
                        Message 11 of 16 , Jul 27, 2013
                          OK the Festivus Party is a date, let me when and I will plan on it.

                          Take in a show downtown NYC, and see the tree :-)