Re: [midatlanticretro] Aug. workshop -- MARCH systems in need of TLC

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 25, 2013
      On 07/26/2013 12:32 AM, Evan Koblentz wrote:
      > As I said earlier today, Matt W. (teheadster) is itching to work on our
      > 11/44 (which is in great condition and maybe even ready-to-run, as far
      > as I know) or our VAX 11/750 -- but he requested a trusty co-pilot.

      I would dearly love to come down for that, as I'm intimately familiar with
      both 11/44s and 11/750s, but there's little chance of my being able to make
      it. This is around the time I thought my workload would decrease, but it has
      actually INcreased. :-/

      > As always, all MARCHins should keep in mind: the club collection is
      > YOURS.

      Who are you, and what have you done with the real Evan? ;)

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
      New Kensington, PA
    • David Riley
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 26, 2013
        On Jul 26, 2013, at 0:32, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

        David G. made some progress on our 11/20 but it needs plenty of more
        work. Same for our Xerox 820. (He can give details about both, if
        requested.)

        I'm up for either of these if the 11/750 or 11/44 get too crowded.

        As I said earlier today, Matt W. (teheadster) is itching to work on our
        11/44 (which is in great condition and maybe even ready-to-run, as far
        as I know) or our VAX 11/750 -- but he requested a trusty co-pilot.

        I'll be glad to help. I have no direct experience with either machine, but I have loads of experience with electrical debugging. I'll bring a 4-channel scope and a good multimeter (Fluke 87-V), anything else? Soldering iron?

        - Dave