Woohooooooo! Museum power (aka Transformers, more than meets the eye :)

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 25, 2013
      It's about time!!! I just heard that the Wall Township council voted
      (last night) to approve a $61,000 bid for delivery, installation,
      testing, etc. of a brand-spanking-new 1,000 KVA transformer for InfoAge.

      It could be a month-ish before the contract is signed and the work
      actually happens.
    • J. Alexander Jacocks

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 26, 2013
          >> at least until the next jerk with a tropical depression comes by!)

          Not necessarily. Our old transformer was VERY old -- literally World War II equipment. Thus it was also very inefficient. I don't know technical details, so don't ask. :) But the new one should be waaaaaay better.
        • Jeffrey Brace
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 27, 2013
            >It's about time!!! I just heard that the Wall Township council voted
            >(last night) to approve a $61,000 bid for delivery, installation,
            >testing, etc. of a brand-spanking-new 1,000 KVA transformer for InfoAge.

            That is super fantastic! It will make things a lot easier and comfortable.
            It's long overdue. It was great what Infoage was able to accomplish with
            temporary generators and keep things going, but enough is enough.